Hi,

I was installing SwiftKey but someone told me Swype is already built-in. If so, then why do they still have it in the store? For other devices? Or is the one in the store better?

Which one should I use? I don't want to pay for SwiftKey or Swype if they are already added or that it's inferior.

Thanks
    09-07-2013 12:54 PM
    SwiftKey goes in sale a lot but I personally find it to be the best keyboard, period.
    You can swipe on the HTC One by checking the stock keyboard options. Still I prefer the Google one as a bare minimum but just can't live easily without SwiftKey, personally.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    lachdanan likes this.
    09-07-2013 01:05 PM
    Thanks but what about swype? It has less number of downloads but anytime I search both, they say swype is better. Also when I heard Google added it and not Swift, I assumed it had to be better. I am not a heavy typer though so not sure and would have to evaluate them closely. Seems like they are not very simple apps.
    09-07-2013 02:12 PM
    You have to get Swype and Dragon keyboard from the Play Store. HTC Sense Input has an option to trace which is pretty good. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    lachdanan likes this.
    09-07-2013 02:31 PM
    First Swype is in the store because then it can be updated properly and easily.

Yes it comes as an added keyboard option built into many devices. It's your choice to use stock, Swype or one of the other 3rd party keyboards available.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    lachdanan likes this.
    09-07-2013 02:48 PM
    Okay, the HTC One does not come with the Swype app by default. It does come with a keyboard which has a 'swipe' option - which traces words like the Swype keyboard. I am a long term user of Swype myself, I tried Swiftkey and found it unable to predict my next word 90% of the time, so I returned to Swype quite quickly. The HTC keyboard/Google keyboard with swipe option turned on (you do not have to swipe words if you dont want to) may also suit you - personally I think they are pretty useless and irritating, but that is a personal opinon and others seem to be happy with them.

So you can either:

1. Switch the 'swipe' option on the HTC Keyboard and try that
    2. Download the free trial of Swype and try that to see if it suits you
    3. Download Swiftkey and see if you prefer that.
    lachdanan and FaisDogg like this.
    09-07-2013 03:03 PM
    The trace keyboard that comes with the phone is really good when I did try Swype It didn't work as well for me for whatever reason but I don't use it that much

Sent from my HTC One
    lachdanan likes this.
    09-07-2013 03:06 PM
    Thanks guys, now it makes more sense. I didn't know it was just the swiping google added. I definitely want a more powerful keyboard app so I will try out swype and swift and read more about them.
    09-07-2013 03:16 PM