Rumor: US HTC One getting 4.3 w/ Sense 5.0 in "few weeks"; followed by Intnl 4.3 with Sense 5.5

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Rumor: US HTC One getting 4.3 w/ Sense 5.0 in "few weeks"; followed by Intnl 4.3 with Sense 5.5

Straight from an HTC employee known for info/ROM leaks:

xda-developers - View Single Post - HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread

Interesting...

-So the US will get 4.3 first within a "few weeks" (yessssss)

LlabTooFeR ‏@LlabTooFeR 8 Sep
@lgrayf15 US guys should get it in few weeks I guess..

-followed by the International version getting its upgrade, with Sense 5.5 (!), not confirmed yet though
-Details on 5.5 are sparse, HTC is pretty tight lipped given the whole designer fiasco
-All HTC devices (One, Mini, Butterfly S) will get Sense 5.5 sometime after the release of the HTC T6 (One Max)

Your take? This guy has proven to be pretty reliable in the past, and is the source of several ROM leaks... (like the most recent int 4.3 one)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rumor: US HTC One getting 4.3 w/ Sense 5.0 in "few weeks"; followed by Intnl 4.3 with Sense 5.5

Straight from an HTC employee known for info/ROM leaks:

xda-developers - View Single Post - HTC Flagships - Mega Tech Discussion Thread

Interesting...

-So the US will get 4.3 first within a "few weeks" (yessssss)

LlabTooFeR ‏@LlabTooFeR 8 Sep
@lgrayf15 US guys should get it in few weeks I guess..

-followed by the International version getting its upgrade, with Sense 5.5 (!), not confirmed yet though
-Details on 5.5 are sparse, HTC is pretty tight lipped given the whole designer fiasco
-All HTC devices (One, Mini, Butterfly S) will get Sense 5.5 sometime after the release of the HTC T6 (One Max)

Your take? This guy has proven to be pretty reliable in the past, and is the source of several ROM leaks... (like the most recent int 4.3 one)

Is that a typo? sense version 5.0?
I already have sense 5.0 with android 4.1.2

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Rumor: US HTC One getting 4.3 w/ Sense 5.0 in "few weeks"; followed by Intnl 4.3 with Sense 5.5

If the rumor is true.. I'd welcome it with open arms.. But if not so won't lose any sleep either :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Is that a typo? sense version 5.0?
I already have sense 5.0 with android 4.1.2

Sent from my Coconut Wireless HTC One

That means that it will stay on Sense 5.0.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

HTC VP said we'd have 4.3 by end of Sept. He said that almost a month ago.

Posted via Android Central App

Fathertime

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

The way At&T works, we'll have 4.3 by the 1st quarter of 2014. I'd bet no earlier.

Bethany Meyer

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

The way At&T works, we'll have 4.3 by the 1st quarter of 2014. I'd bet no earlier.
Are they really that slow with updates?

If so maybe I should just go ahead and root. There are some things I'm looking forward to in 4.3 and I thought it was only a few weeks away.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Good news

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I really hope this not accurate information. Why give us 4.3 with sense 5.0 and then a few weeks later release 5.5 to the international version to then make make us wait even longer to get 5.5 smh... I'd rather wait a few more weeks and get everything at the same time. This really makes no sense!

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site

What does 4.3 offer that 4.2 doesn't?

ticktekk

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

If existing customers get upgrades, do new htc one phones coming from the factory start out with 4.3 sometime in the near future or must they be updated after purchase?

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Are they really that slow with updates?

If so maybe I should just go ahead and root. There are some things I'm looking forward to in 4.3 and I thought it was only a few weeks away.

AT&T is horrible with updates, arguably worse than any other U.S. carrier. To get a good idea of exactly how horrible, take a look at the HTC One X and Galaxy S3 update threads on their forum.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

I know the point releases are becoming less and less a thing, but is any one a little nervous that HTC has been slow rolling these?

Only reason I ask is I'm debating either the sense 5 edition or the Google edition.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I know the point releases are becoming less and less a thing, but is any one a little nervous that HTC has been slow rolling these?

Only reason I ask is I'm debating either the sense 5 edition or the Google edition.

If Sense is not important, go with the Google Edition. I cannot recommend it enough. I am a fan of stock Android and dislike all carrier overlays. Both Google Editions (HTC One and GS4) received 4.3 a week after it was announced, so there's no concern with timely updates.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

What does 4.3 offer that 4.2 doesn't?

A slew of under-the-hood changes, including improved battery life, better performance, and improved security.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

If Sense is not important, go with the Google Edition. I cannot recommend it enough. I am a fan of stock Android and dislike all carrier overlays. Both Google Editions (HTC One and GS4) received 4.3 a week after it was announced, so there's no concern with timely updates.

These phones are literally designed to be used with a skin not stock Android like a N4 has. The One has a IR Blaster, 2 capacitive buttons, and built in amplifiers for both speakers that wouldn't even work or sound correctly if HTC couldn't tweak the software on the GPE.

Posted via HTC One on their cool app

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Also the custom software brings features to your phone that stock software doesn't now or will never provide like HTC Zoe and BlinkFeed which is something I find myself using quite a lot actually.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

These phones are literally designed to be used with a skin not stock Android like a N4 has. The One has a IR Blaster, 2 capacitive buttons, and built in amplifiers for both speakers that wouldn't even work or sound correctly if HTC couldn't tweak the software on the GPE.

The One GE has modified software for the speakers. But other than that, I completely agree; stock Android is awesome but shouldn't be on any phone that isn't designed for stock Android.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I really hope this not accurate information. Why give us 4.3 with sense 5.0 and then a few weeks later release 5.5 to the international version to then make make us wait even longer to get 5.5 smh... I'd rather wait a few more weeks and get everything at the same time. This really makes no sense!

I'll tell you why: everyone was complaining about the late 4.2.2 in the US, so decisions were made to skip straight to 4.3 to make everyone happy.

The compromise of course is that the Sense 5.5 update will come later, as it was probably originally planned for a later release of 4.3.

SO you get your cake and eat it too, and are STILL displeased with the situation... smh..

DISCLAIMER: The above is my interpretation of the events and not based on any official statement, source, leak, etc. Just what makes sense to me. Get 4.3 out the door faster to show they care about updating the OS, then bring in their in-house improvements (Sense 5.5) on the same schedule they had before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae