I am thinking of rooting my htc one. mostly to remove all the bloatware apps and change up the launcher. but if i do this will this affect the performance in a bad way? i dont want any lag on my phone or stutter since i am going to change my launcher.

and will it affect my battery life in any way?

ive never rooted or anything, this will be my first time that is why ill have my friend do it that knows about this stuff.
    09-10-2013 12:35 AM
    I know most nothing about rooting, except that if you flash a good ROM (if that statement even makes sense Cuz it doesn't to me lol) it will actually make your phone faster and smoother. Also rooting your phone voids any warranty you have on it I think. So if you accidently delete something important and brick your phone, you're as screwed as jude ( gimme props I just made that up after 19 seconds of thinking) wait for someone more experienced on rooting to give more info and advice, and look around the forums too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-10-2013 12:44 AM
    Rooting doesn't affect performance at all. It simply allows you 'root' access to be able to remove bloatware, use apps that require root access, etc. Installing a bootloader and custom ROMs is when you overwrite the software on the phone to a customized version based on the ROM you selected. I suggest sticking as close to the Google Edition ROM variants as you can.

Whatever you do, it can be restored to factory defaults should a warranty repair/replace issue arise.

Do some searching to learn more.
    09-10-2013 01:26 AM
    As stated rooting in itself will not effect performance. Different Roms will.

For instance I was running CleanRom 5.2 with CleanKernal over clocking the cpu to 2.05. With the voltage mods that Scott (the maker of the Rom) bakes into the Rom I had no issues with the battery degradation.

There are makers of custom Kernals that just make theirs for better performance and battery life. Your best bet is to head over to the XDA Forums and look up the HTC One original development threads.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    09-10-2013 03:23 PM
    FWIW, you do not need to root to change the launcher. You can disable bloatware apps as well without root permissions but you won't get any storage space back when you do it that way.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    09-10-2013 03:37 PM
    Just do it, you'll love yourself more afterwards, I promise!
    Topgonzo and Golfdriver97 like this.
    09-10-2013 08:35 PM
    Rooting can add more options in other apps too

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    09-10-2013 09:29 PM
    Rooting not required to install another launcher. Consider an alternative, such as Nova, Apex, Adw, etc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    09-10-2013 09:52 PM