I've noticed under the more option in settings there is an option to tether. Once turned on my iPad recognizes it. Now my question is does this work with out paying additional fees to att? Because it sure seems like it works but I thought att restricted that. Any info would help greatly. I don't want to get charged for data IF I start using the tether option.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    09-10-2013 03:47 PM
    Is it available across other versions of the htc one. Does any one use the feature?

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one
    09-10-2013 04:13 PM
    It works with the GE because it isn't carrier locked. Yes it works will you get charged is up in the air. Some carriers detect more than usual net usage or more non app data transfers. When this happens they will usually send you one of two warning messages. The first is that you are using more than the average user data, at&t is notorious for this one. That one is really not that big of deal that may start throttling your data when you go over a certain limit causing slower net speeds. All the carriers do this each one has different amounts they go by. Sprint is the only carrier that does not throttle.

The second message you can get from your carrier is that they have detected you have been tethering without the proper data plan. This one you want to pay attention to as they will probably tell you that you are not conforming to your current plan and that if continue to do so they will change your plan accordingly.

I personally have only received the "your using more data" warning. It wasn't even from tethering but from streaming high quality music.

So in short:
    Yes it works.
    On AT&T you will probably get away with it if you don't abuse it depending on your plan.

If you get the warning message cool it for a while.

I'm on AT&T and as I've mentioned I only received the first message once. I've had unlimited data with them since it was first available. I probably tether an hour or two per week.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    09-10-2013 06:49 PM