Questions from a soon-to-be owner (coming from an iPhone 4S)

Offspring992

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Long time lurker, occasional poster back in 2011, and then an iPhone 4S owner since January of last year. I was waiting for today's announcements to try and sway me away from the One, and it looks like I'm going to end up with the One after all. I had the OG EVO back in 2010 until January 2012 when I switched to the iPhone 4S. Ready to come back! Just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions I had...

I've done some searching, but haven't been able to get an exact answer. The main concern I have with the One is the audio quality of streaming music from the Google Play Music app over Bluetooth. More specifically, I have one of these: Amazon.com: Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories

This plugs into my auxiliary port on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and then I connect to it via Bluetooth. It's probably the best $45 accessory I've ever purchased, because I can't tell any difference between using this and a regular auxiliary cable on my iPhone 4S. What I'm wondering is this: Do any of you stream music from the Google Play Music app via Bluetooth? if so, can you comment on the audio quality? I wouldn't be opposed to using a regular auxiliary cable too; it's just nice to be able to make hands-free calls as well. Back in January, I picked up an LG Optimus G and was surprised to find out that while streaming music from Google Play Music to this Belkin receiver, the audio quality was downright AWFUL. This was even with setting the quality to the highest option. Streaming over Spotify was fine, however. It was enough that I actually returned the Optimus G and went back to my 4S... I'll also note that I tried this on my roommate's Droid RAZR and it was perfect.

I know it's rather specific, but this is literally the ONLY thing that would hold me back from the One and consider either the S4 or LG's G2.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Long time lurker, occasional poster back in 2011, and then an iPhone 4S owner since January of last year. I was waiting for today's announcements to try and sway me away from the One, and it looks like I'm going to end up with the One after all. I had the OG EVO back in 2010 until January 2012 when I switched to the iPhone 4S. Ready to come back! Just wondering if anyone could answer a few questions I had...

I've done some searching, but haven't been able to get an exact answer. The main concern I have with the One is the audio quality of streaming music from the Google Play Music app over Bluetooth. More specifically, I have one of these: Amazon.com: Belkin Bluetooth Car Hands-Free Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories

This plugs into my auxiliary port on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and then I connect to it via Bluetooth. It's probably the best $45 accessory I've ever purchased, because I can't tell any difference between using this and a regular auxiliary cable on my iPhone 4S. What I'm wondering is this: Do any of you stream music from the Google Play Music app via Bluetooth? if so, can you comment on the audio quality? I wouldn't be opposed to using a regular auxiliary cable too; it's just nice to be able to make hands-free calls as well. Back in January, I picked up an LG Optimus G and was surprised to find out that while streaming music from Google Play Music to this Belkin receiver, the audio quality was downright AWFUL. This was even with setting the quality to the highest option. Streaming over Spotify was fine, however. It was enough that I actually returned the Optimus G and went back to my 4S... I'll also note that I tried this on my roommate's Droid RAZR and it was perfect.

I know it's rather specific, but this is literally the ONLY thing that would hold me back from the One and consider either the S4 or LG's G2.

Welcome to the forums and soon, Android!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
My one connects to he inbuilt bluetooth in my car for phone calls and works fine, I then have a cheap ?6 3.5mm aux Bluetooth from amazon that I stream music and podcasts to. I don't have any issues with quality but I'm not really an audiophile so could just be my standard of expectations

I also sometimes use my ipad to the same device and have noticed any significant difference.

Also use a 30pin USB Bluetooth adapter that cost me another 6 pound for a docking station and that is the same.

Is there no way for you to try before you commit?

Offspring992

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My one connects to he inbuilt bluetooth in my car for phone calls and works fine, I then have a cheap ?6 3.5mm aux Bluetooth from amazon that I stream music and podcasts to. I don't have any issues with quality but I'm not really an audiophile so could just be my standard of expectations

I also sometimes use my ipad to the same device and have noticed any significant difference.

Also use a 30pin USB Bluetooth adapter that cost me another 6 pound for a docking station and that is the same.

Is there no way for you to try before you commit?

Possibly. I have a friend that might be picking one up around the same time as me. I suppose I could just wait until he gets it and try it out then. There's also the 14 day return/exchange policy as well, so I have that to fall back on.