Getting this message, essentiallycrashes on opening.

A friend sent me a message apparently a vCard type message 2 days ago. Nothing particularly graphics heavy.

Can do a workaround to write or view messages but it's annoying. Restart, etc. Nothing works.

Help thanks....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    09-11-2013 11:54 AM
    Well! Close to 200 views and no suggestions.

I figured it out. If anyone is interested, the message function was still working by going through the contacts fields and creating a new text that way. I was able to access texts from whomever by just calling them up in contacts and then creating new. From there, I went to the person's information whose text I thought was causing the crash (at least the crashing started after I received his text), and I opened up his text que...then deleted all from him.

Presto! Back to normal.
    09-13-2013 11:54 AM
    There was a thread a while back with some people having this issue. I had it for no apparent reason and after tired of going through some hassles like you described because the problem keep showing, I installed Textra for the first time and I kept it. I don't text via SMS, but I receive banking confirmations this way and maybe 3-5 SMS a week. That's why it was weird that out of nowhere the Messages app started to fail.

Now I'm on 4.2.2 official OTA updates after converting my US unlocked model to the European version and I haven't seen *knocks on wood* this problem so far. I didn't need to install any other SMS app for the reason I wrote above.
    09-13-2013 07:13 PM
    gotta love these messages: "unfortunately, X has stopped working".

what are we to think: oh dear, i'll have to do without X?"
    09-13-2013 07:31 PM