Cannot root Verizon phone

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Using ES File Explorer, I cannot access root explorer. Says test failed and that it will not work on the device. Any solution?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is.... Your phone rooted? It has to be before you use that Explorer... The Explorer doesn't root it for you.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There is root but not being released because the boot loader on Htc devices have to b unlocked. And VZW locked it 24 hours after release. You can send your phone to guy on XDA that has a java card that change phones cid so you can unlock it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

wolderiii

May 27, 2011
Visit site
on my older HTC evo 3d i was able to get the unlock code right from HTC's website htcdev.com. is this not an option on the verizon HTC one? i just got this phone a couple days ago and have not had time to look into it further.

*update. just tried to unlock it on htcdev.com and it will not give you the unlock code. so does anyone know without being able to unlock the bootloader can you get root on the phone just to get rid of the bloatware??

thanks!

edit 10-2-13. after further reading Moosc is correct from his top post. verizon shut down htcdev so you cannot unlock the boatloader. only way to get root/ s-off is to send into the person on XDA.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20