I suddenly stopped receiving notifications for text messages. I don't get sounds, the flashing green light or notifications at the top of my screen.

I have already tried going into settings > notifications and checked the "receive notification" and "play notification sound" boxes. I've chosen a notification sound with the volume up. None of this seems to work and i'm not sure why. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    09-12-2013 02:24 PM
    I suddenly stopped receiving notifications for text messages. I don't get sounds, the flashing green light or notifications at the top of my screen.

I have already tried going into settings > notifications and checked the "receive notification" and "play notification sound" boxes. I've chosen a notification sound with the volume up. None of this seems to work and i'm not sure why. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    hmm thats strange. if you have the options CHECKED right now for "received notifications" and "play notification sound" under the Receive Messages section (because there is the same "play notification" option under Sent Messages, so dont mix them up), go ahead and UNCHECK them, then power your phone off, then turn back on, then go back and CHECK them again and power your phone off once again then back on. and get someones phone and text yourself and see if that works.

if it doesnt, you need to reset your phone.
    09-12-2013 02:32 PM
    Did you ever find a solution? My phone is doing exactly the same thing. No text message notifications at all even though notifications and sound and vibrate are all turned on.
    12-19-2013 08:18 PM

08-19-2016 05:05 PM
    I'm having the very same issues and it's driving me crazy. People are sending messages and getting no response because I'm unaware of any messages. Have you found out how to solve this problem ?
    08-19-2016 05:08 PM