I've now bought two of the little cables that can supposedly connect my HTC One to my TV, and tried them on two different TVs with two different HDMI cables. Nothing works.

I note on a video on YouTube where someone's got this to work that there's a HDMI icon at the top of his screen. I don't ever get that. I do get a sort of rainbowy effect on my screen sometimes when things are connected up.

Am I missing something obvious? Has anyone else got the same problem??
    09-13-2013 01:43 PM
    I always Wi-Fi link to the tv

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    09-13-2013 02:14 PM
    I always Wi-Fi link to the tv

Wi-Fi link using what if I may ask? I want to stream Flixster or VuDu from my HTC One like I would from my iPad but I can't seem to figure it out...was going to just do an HDMI cable and came specifically to look to see if anyone could recommend one that worked.

I've played around with the Roku app, Flixster, VuDu, Twonky Beam, AppleTVMedia and really didn't have much success.
    09-14-2013 12:02 AM
    I don't use those programs, but I stream video and pictures from my phone using Samsung link. I share media with my wife's S4 mini the same way, and also with my Vaio laptop. I have the Netflix, YouTube, and Spotify apps on my Samsung tv already so don't need to stream them from my phone. I do other occasional streaming through my WDTV Live Hub connected by ethernet, but it's redundant really except as a backup drive. I have Netflix, YouTube, and Spotify apps on that too if I need them.

09-14-2013 07:44 PM
    You have power plugged into the HDMI connector correct?
    what version of HTC One? Theres carrier branded ones, Developer edition, GPeditions? is yours stock? custom rom?
    I have a stock TMO and recently rooted and it still works with my HDMI connector.
    09-16-2013 10:40 AM
    I've now bought two of the little cables that can supposedly connect my HTC One to my TV, and tried them on two different TVs with two different HDMI cables. Nothing works.

I note on a video on YouTube where someone's got this to work that there's a HDMI icon at the top of his screen. I don't ever get that. I do get a sort of rainbowy effect on my screen sometimes when things are connected up.

Am I missing something obvious? Has anyone else got the same problem??
    I've got same problem it won't work since I updated my phone the people are still working on it
    06-24-2014 04:56 AM
    I have been using the HTC HDMI media link that u buy from HTC and I cannot get Netflix to play on it! I have contacted HTC and Netflix and both blame the problem on the other, but it only stopped working when my phone updated to Sence 5 and now 6!!!! Yet know one wants to fix it!

Posted via Android Central App
    07-03-2014 04:23 PM