HTC Transfer Tool from One to One?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from Sprint to T-Mobile. I had an HTC One on Sprint and I got another one on Tmo. Does the transfer tool allow you to go from One to One? It seems to default to being the receiver on the built in app and not giving me the option to send instead, unless I'm missing something.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I did it between my Taiwanese One and my Japanese One. It was quite anti-climactic, I still had to re-setup all apps.. But hey all my pics were there!

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Cool! Did you have to install the app or did you use the built-in one?

Also, did it transfer how your home screens are set and Blinkfeed preferences, by chance? No big deal but it would be nice if it does.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the backup/restore tool that shows in the setup wizard in the first startup of the phone? You will need to have a backup copy from your previous One.

I've tried that and it worked well restoring settings, apps and everything else except personal files like photos or music. I didn't change carriers, just flashed an European ROM to receive 4.2.2 OTAs instead of waiting for the US unlocked models to get it.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Cool! Did you have to install the app or did you use the built-in one?

Also, did it transfer how your home screens are set and Blinkfeed preferences, by chance? No big deal but it would be nice if it does.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Yup I used the built-in app on bot Ones. I don't quite remember much about the experience, just that on the new phone I elected to import data, and the old phone detected the new phone automatically after I launched the migration tool. Or vice-versa. It was 4 months ago so I forgot most details lol...

Actuallya fter reading ajua's reply I might have gone the route of restoring from my backups that I made using HTC Backup. That did restore my blinkfeed and homescreens, though I still needed to setup apps again after the restore.

Yeah that makes sense now actually... I used the HTC Backup/restore and not the HTC transfer tool. 80% sure now.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yup I used the built-in app on bot Ones. I don't quite remember much about the experience, just that on the new phone I elected to import data, and the old phone detected the new phone automatically after I launched the migration tool. Or vice-versa. It was 4 months ago so I forgot most details lol...

Actuallya fter reading ajua's reply I might have gone the route of restoring from my backups that I made using HTC Backup. That did restore my blinkfeed and homescreens, though I still needed to setup apps again after the restore.

Yeah that makes sense now actually... I used the HTC Backup/restore and not the HTC transfer tool. 80% sure now.

Ok cool, I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your help!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The HTC backup tool is the easiest and most useful. It will restore home screens, blinkered, most downloaded app from play store and some app info. Also wifi settings and a few other misc details we often overlook once set.
I had to do a hard reset recently and this was a big time saver.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Well the HTC Backup program worked really well. If I remember right it restored my Blinkfeed feeds, the email accounts I had, my home screen layout and background, and most of the apps I had installed. Then I ran the Transfer tool to get my text messages and a few other things. Overall it worked really well!

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well the HTC Backup program worked really well. If I remember right it restored my Blinkfeed feeds, the email accounts I had, my home screen layout and background, and most of the apps I had installed. Then I ran the Transfer tool to get my text messages and a few other things. Overall it worked really well!

Great, good to hear! (or read)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams