Battery question

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Articles on battery life always say to limit your widgets. If you have a widget that is set to not update until you tell it to, does it really use that much battery life? For example, a weather widget that only updates when you click on the refresh button.

Also, if you are using a live wallpaper, does the battery drain that shows up in GSAM show under the app "Launcher"? I had a live wallpaper on and noticed that my "Launcher" was showing high battery use.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have nova lancher with 7 home screens with at least 1 if not more widgets on each..... One of the reasons I migrated from iOS and iPhone 5. I put a sensible update period ( do I really need weather every 10 mins)

I have weather, twitter, RSS, all my audio streaming apps (pocket addict, pandora, Iheart radio etc) acalendar and some others widgets.... I get thought the day and usualy have 10-20% left when I put on charge at night. With 3-4 hrs screen time) Today off charge at 6:30am now 4.45pm and I still have 68% left

Battery is as good as if not better than my iPhone.

I hate the posts recommending to increase battery life, disable push, disable widgets, disable sync ( I have facebook syncing), disable network connections. And have actualy seen ones advising to turn the phone off!!!... I have a smart phone for a reason and turning it into a glorified Nokia 5110 is plain stupid.

As poster above advised screen is biggest drain.... I.e. long Train journeys etc. Answer to this is a portable battery source which can be picked up for 20 odd pound if a concern.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21