problem with Dropbox videos

Claire Durrant

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I've only had my HTC One for just over a week, having been an iPhone girl for the past 5 years, so I'm pretty new to all this!

When I first got the phone, I was able to view my dropbox videos, however after a couple of days they stopped working, saying "media file not supported".
Has anyone else had this problem?
The videos are all .mov or .mp4.files.

It's driving me nuts!!

Posted via Android Central App

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
That's weird. Can you check and see what format the movies are in? Perhaps download them to your phone and see if they can play from there directly?

Yowzers nice profile pic by the way ;) Giggity giggity

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

rkleung

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. I wasn't able to view them on Windows Media Player, but I had some success using other players.

Claire Durrant

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
That's weird. Can you check and see what format the movies are in? Perhaps download them to your phone and see if they can play from there directly?

They're all .mov or .mp4 format, and they play fine if I play them directly from the gallery.
I'm sure there was an update to Dropbox the day after I bought the phone and that's when it stopped working.

Haha thank you! I logged in via my FB profile, I wasn't intending to have such a Posey avatar on an android forum!!!

I have the same issue. I wasn't able to view them on Windows Media Player, but I had some success using other players.

Is that via Dropbox?

P.s I am such a techno tard, which really doesn't help matters!

Last edited by a moderator:

Claire Durrant

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Haha thanks!

They're .mov & .mp4 files, and play fine directly from the gallery

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
They're all .mov or .mp4 format, and they play fine if I play them directly from the gallery.
I'm sure there was an update to Dropbox the day after I bought the phone and that's when it stopped working.

Haha thank you! I logged in via my FB profile, I wasn't intending to have such a Posey avatar on an android forum!!!

Ah, well that's good you can still at least play them from the gallery.

Maybe you could try clearing the cache and data in app settings, then log back in? If that doesn't work perhaps you could then re-upload them to drop box if the same videos are still on your phone?

Oh it's not too Posey, he11 it dresses up the place!

Claire Durrant

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah, well that's good you can still at least play them from the gallery.

Maybe you could try clearing the cache and data in app settings, then log back in? If that doesn't work perhaps you could then re-upload them to drop box if the same videos are still on your phone?

Oh it's not too Posey, he11 it dresses up the place!

Ok cool, I'll give it a go. :)

Thank you ;)

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue, it's really pissing me off! And solution... The one weak point of this phone vs my Samsungs is handling media streaming.... Outside of that I love it

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I found a work around... Using a file explorer that links to dropbox such as esFile explorer it solves the problem by using this app to access your dropbox video files.. And playing the video from this app

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app