I got the HTC One on AT&T a while ago and a coule weeks ago, rooted it and installed a custom ROM. It worked fine for the whole time, but suddenly, it turned off while it was on around 80% battery. I tried turning it on, but nothing happened. I tried charging it, but the LED light didn't even come on. I looked around and a lot of people said to hold the power and volume up buttons at the same time for 10 seconds, but that didn't work. I also read that I should try turning it on under a bright light, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks
    09-15-2013 08:13 PM
    Try holding just the power button down for about 20 seconds, then do the same again with power and volume down if that doesn't work.
    Iampotato likes this.
    09-15-2013 08:27 PM
    That didn't work. I tried both the volume up and the volume down.
    09-15-2013 08:43 PM
    wow...

The only other thing you can try, is to just leave your phone plugged in to an outlet and give it a day or so. I know this sounds weird, but I saw a post similar to yours, and the guy just left it plugged in and it just started working. Wish I could offer more.... the good thing is that if it doesn't come on at all, then it'd be hard for your carrier to void you because of root.
    Iampotato likes this.
    09-15-2013 08:46 PM
    Dies your computer recognize it at all when you plug it in via USB?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Iampotato likes this.
    09-15-2013 09:18 PM
    No it doesn't and thanks for the advice
    09-15-2013 09:27 PM
    That sucks. Like chrisxpierce said...leave it plugged in, at least overnight and see if the phone has a better attitude in the morning. If not, it might be dead. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Iampotato likes this.
    09-15-2013 09:31 PM
    Any ideas as to what could've caused it? It just shut down all of sudden when I was listening to music.
    09-15-2013 10:03 PM
    Nothing that I have experienced. I run custom ROMs and have never had such an issue. Not sure where it would stem from. Only time I have had issues that sounded similar was due to overheating.

Iampotato likes this.
    09-15-2013 10:45 PM
    I had once the same problem, nothing helped me. Then I plugged in the charger and suddenly the red LED worked and I could restart the phone.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8160P mit Tapatalk 4
    Iampotato likes this.
    09-16-2013 08:25 AM
    Unfortunately, I've tried that many times but with no results. But do you guys really think that my warranty will be okay?
    09-16-2013 05:55 PM
    Unfortunately, I've tried that many times but with no results. But do you guys really think that my warranty will be okay?
    Yes, I think your warranty will be fine. If they can't get it to boot, it gets sent to the back to be sold to bulk buyers. Just before you send it in, try everything one more time.

Sent from my One using AC Forums mobile app
    Iampotato likes this.
    09-16-2013 07:02 PM
    Okay, thanks to everyone who has commented on this, and I hate to ask any more questions, but I just got my new HTC One and I'm wondering whether or not to root it. I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I thought I got through it okay the last time, but now I fell like it was my fault that it broke. What do you guys think? Should I try rooting again or not? Thanks.
    09-19-2013 05:09 PM
    Okay, thanks to everyone who has commented on this, and I hate to ask any more questions, but I just got my new HTC One and I'm wondering whether or not to root it. I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I thought I got through it okay the last time, but now I fell like it was my fault that it broke. What do you guys think? Should I try rooting again or not? Thanks.
    There are way to many success stories behind rooting to give up now bro! Important thing to remember is to read EVERYTHING there is to know about a ROM (specific to your device). Enter forums where folks are talking about the ROM and see what warnings are being talked about. I've gone through MANY roms since 2 weeks ago when I first rooted, and I think I stayed safe because I only installed ROMS that were trusted by the folks here at AC and XDA.

Hope this helps, and.....HAPPY ROOTING BRO!
    09-19-2013 07:18 PM
    could it be the brick caused by overclocking on the custom rom? Or cpu setting? Or just a faulty device which happened to be rooted.

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    09-19-2013 08:03 PM
    Rooting is fairly straight forward but it will void your warranty. I'm enjoying my stock phone as is.

09-19-2013 08:23 PM
    Why would you root and mess it up, just bin it and ask yourself Wat the fu_k have you done........

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2013 08:48 PM