HTC One & Weather Channel widget and it's battery impact

matty3054

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how much battery life the Weather Channel widget might use?

I see you can't set a "refresh frequency" like you can with the HTC weather widget. So will it constantly try updating and therefore eat away precious battery life?

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Id just try it and measure it YMMV anyway depending on the use of power saver versus someone not on power saver. None of the weather widgets I use take up much data or battery life at all. Not even enough for me to pay attention. They are way down on the list of stuff draining my battery. Hell, answering this post right now will likely take up more battery than having the widget running all day long. The checks on those are usually pretty insignificant.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
That's 1 widget at 1% and I'll bet that will get buried by stuff taking up far more than that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379349206724.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379349206724.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 18

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how much battery life the Weather Channel widget might use?

I see you can't set a "refresh frequency" like you can with the HTC weather widget. So will it constantly try updating and therefore eat away precious battery life?

I believe you are able to set a refresh frequency within the app itself.... I think it refreshes every 5 minutes while the phone is awake....
One word of caution, when I had TWC app, it started draining my battery like crazy as it kept GPS locked for extended periods of time. I finally decided to uninstall and get something else. I don't know if TWC fixed this issue since, but I never went back.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae