Speed dial widget?

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just traded in my G-Nex for an HTC-One, and so far I'm pretty happy. One thing I miss though is my speed dial widget. On my G-Nex I could make a 1x1 icon that was able to live in a folder. So I have a folder on my home screen that simply functioned as an expandable speed dial list. Does anyone know of a way I can do this with the HTC-one. Specifically I want a 1x1 folder full of one touch dialing on my home screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-D

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just traded in my G-Nex for an HTC-One, and so far I'm pretty happy. One thing I miss though is my speed dial widget. On my G-Nex I could make a 1x1 icon that was able to live in a folder. So I have a folder on my home screen that simply functioned as an expandable speed dial list. Does anyone know of a way I can do this with the HTC-one. Specifically I want a 1x1 folder full of one touch dialing on my home screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-D

I just tried it with Nova, and it wouldn't work either. You may have to get an app from Play.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
So, here's how I did it in Nova.

1. Long press and select "Apps"
2. Select multiple
3. select any two apps and choose "create folder"
4. long press on the screen and choose "shortcuts" and "direct dial"
5. Choose the number/person you want to direct dial
6. repeat steps 4 and 5 for all the numbers you want on speed dial
7. drag the resulting icons into the folder you created earlier
8. remove the apps from the folder. the speed dial icons will remain in the folder.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Don't need nova. Just long press home screen and where it says widget...tap it. Select shortcuts. Select direct dial. Select number/person you want. This gives you your 1x1 direct dial that your asking for.

Then just drag each icon to each other to make folders.

Posted via Android Central App

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Like this-. you can make as many 1x1 or 2x2 as you want.. if so it's stylish contact widget... a little more custom if that's what you want.

Stamponephoto

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I wound up trying NOVA. It did exactly what I wanted with the added bonus of getting rid of blinkfeed. :-D