I loled - Why iPhone is better than the HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
That guy who wrote that was joking right? Id hope so. He didnt give anything a chance, he just wrote an article about how good apple is. Simple minded folk.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not an Apple hater. I have used and probably will use their products in the future. What I hate is the people like this guy, who have an almost religious devotion to a brand. All you have to say to one of these zealots is "I like the way Android does one thing better than the way iOS does it" and you will instantly be branded an "Apple hater". I actually had a guy block me on Twitter because in his blog he was slathering praise on Apple when they opened their bookstore up for self publishing. In a comment I suggested that Amazon had done this for a while, and from a pure economic standpoint it would make sense to use both and reach a wider audience. He became apoplectic and blocked me from his blog, on Twitter and on email.

It's not that I hate Apple products. I think they are extremely boring and offer NO individuality but they make beautiful hardware. It's the company I hate. I hate what they stand for. I hate the fact they offer really nothing but cronies that can't seem to think for themselves. With that said, I will never give apple my money.

- - - Updated - - -

That guy who wrote that was joking right? Id hope so. He didnt give anything a chance, he just wrote an article about how good apple is. Simple minded folk.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

So simple that a brain eating amoeba would starve.....

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I miss from Apple is iMessage and I feel like SMS integration with Hangouts is moving painfully slow.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
to summarize:

I can't deal with android, i need to be led by the nose and told exactly how my device should work and how i should use it. Having options confuses and frightens me. I must now run back to the apple cathedral and pray for forgiveness from the cupertino gods for having touched an unclean device.

bahahahahahahaha

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This guy complaining about the sync/transfer manager? Lol!

I'm sorry, but the fact the lead describes his 37 hours on Android is enough for me to disregard his every point. I don't care what he has to say.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There are a lot of people who are plenty intelligent but don't have the desire or care to spend time tooling around with new devices. As we have seen many times, moving from one operating system to another is not easy... not because any of the tasks are difficult, but because of the paradigm associated with established usage patterns. If you're expecting your iPhone to look, feel or act in any way like an Android device might, expect disappointment; and vice-versa.

I like playing with new devices to see how things are done on other platforms, but I must admit that it's frustrating to occasionally encounter something that's SO easy the way I'm used to do it, and needlessly complicated on another device... but the thing to remember is that what's easy to me is most likely easy because it's familiar, not necessarily because the process is objectively more efficient.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of people who are plenty intelligent but don't have the desire or care to spend time tooling around with new devices. As we have seen many times, moving from one operating system to another is not easy... not because any of the tasks are difficult, but because of the paradigm associated with established usage patterns. If you're expecting your iPhone to look, feel or act in any way like an Android device might, expect disappointment; and vice-versa.

I like playing with new devices to see how things are done on other platforms, but I must admit that it's frustrating to occasionally encounter something that's SO easy the way I'm used to do it, and needlessly complicated on another device... but the thing to remember is that what's easy to me is most likely easy because it's familiar, not necessarily because the process is objectively more efficient.

Agreed.

The article's author has some things he's used to and he likes it that way, and HTC's Android, as nice as it is, was too different for him. it's true he might not have been willing to spend time to re-learn and adapt (takes more than a few days), but to call him an ***** sheep because of his own personal choices and experience? Replies here are the same, people are used to the Android way and make snap judgements about people choosing otherwise.... *sigh*

Sometimes the comments are funny though ;)

Either way, the article cannot be taken as more than an opinion piece. People often make choices or observations that confirm their own bias. Actually that's 99% of people 99% of the time lol. We see things and say things and agree with people who confirm our own personal biases about the world. That's what the author did, and that's what the commenters here did, and that's what I'm doing by quoting the above and agreeing with it LOL.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Me too. This guy is seriously brainwashed. The funny thing is that he thinks that he actually made an unbiased effort to try an android device. His dislike of the ONE stems from the fact that the ONE is not enough like an iPhone and he spends the whole time ******** about it.
This is really the problem here. To be honest, I had some of the same complaints coming from iOS, but getting over them in light of all the advantages Android offers isn't difficult if you're willing to spend more than a few days with the device. The HTC One isn't and iPhone and Android isn't iOS. Shocking...

It's a poorly written article and a truly bad review.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
"Let me be clear that I found nothing in particluar wrong with the Android device. (Except maybe the keyboard, that really was a pain.) Simply put, it lacked the magic that Apple products are known for. Robust and capable, yes, refined and simple, no. It?s hard to quantify what magic is, but I can decidedly say that Apple has much more of it.

Apple philosophy: It?s only done when you can?t remove anything else. Android philosophy: Every bell and whistle marginally adds value."

This guy sounds like a brainwashed ape. I'm surprised he can get up in the morning and not fall over because it is too hard to stand up.
I don't find this to be far from accurate actually. iOS is a very stripped down OS that is easy to use while Android has so many features and customization options that it can be overwhelming.

iOS is simple and refined, Android is more full featured, capable and while I would never say it lacks polish like it used to, it still isn't to the level that iOS is.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Agreed.

The article's author has some things he's used to and he likes it that way, and HTC's Android, as nice as it is, was too different for him. it's true he might not have been willing to spend time to re-learn and adapt (takes more than a few days), but to call him an ***** sheep because of his own personal choices and experience? Replies here are the same, people are used to the Android way and make snap judgements about people choosing otherwise.... *sigh*

Sometimes the comments are funny though ;)

Either way, the article cannot be taken as more than an opinion piece. People often make choices or observations that confirm their own bias. Actually that's 99% of people 99% of the time lol. We see things and say things and agree with people who confirm our own personal biases about the world. That's what the author did, and that's what the commenters here did, and that's what I'm doing by quoting the above and agreeing with it LOL.

I'm not calling him an ***** sheep because of his preferences, I'm doing it because of statements like this:

"I sleep well knowing that Apple has invested thousands of hours fine-tuning my iPhone to a speculation that they have concluded will be the best for me."

The fact that he feels that Apple is better at deciding what's right for him than he could be tells me all I need to know.

dhewie84

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Did he really expect to be able to transfer all of his apps from an Iphone to an Android? Really? And the comment on the charging cord is funny. Normally I would associate a thicker cord gauge to mean it's a heavier wire, which means better quality and longer lasting, but I guess being able to form it in a nice tight circle so that it eventually breaks is more important. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol