I loled - Why iPhone is better than the HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
If Android devices were wrapped in manuire, i'd probably tend to agree with you. Also if iPhones were wrapped in paper gold. But since neither is the case, a well designed marketed packaging would NEVER pull any weight in a subjective review that I was doing. I'm not that superficial. Sure, i'd agree that it's a 'perk'. But I don't think that perk has any bearing on my evaluation of the end product. I save all my packaging for devices in case I ever want to re-sell, but not because I need them to keep me warm and fuzzy inside like this guy. He just sounds like a tool when he says that.

I agree, if the packaging affected his review, then he lost a lot of credibility. All that I am saying is that Apple has always had nice packaging for all of their products.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? You think most people keep the empty boxes their phones come in? They must have a heck of a lot more closet space than I do.

People who intend to resell their devices down the road keep the boxes. So yeah most people don't throw away their boxes...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree, if the packaging affected his review, then he lost a lot of credibility. All that I am saying is that Apple has always had nice packaging for all of their products.

It seemed to me that the packaging very much affected his "review". And you're right. Apple has always done a nice job with packaging. But i've never been disgusted with the packaging of my Android devices either. I get so excited when opening a new electronic device that almost any packaging material would be pleasing to me.

mkhall

May 3, 2011
Visit site
People who intend to resell their devices down the road keep the boxes. So yeah most people don't throw away their boxes...

Wait, you are saying that most smartphone users resell their old devices? I'd love to see the data behind that, because I've only known a couple of people who've done that.

Or is this like "everyone roots/jailbreaks their phone"?

What happens when I press this?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this 100%! I know plenty of very well educated people with busy lives that don't give a sh*t about custom roms, or live wall papers. They just want to make calls and take some photos to post on FB or instagram. It doesn't make them dumb, or iSheep. It's kind of funny, lots of the comments lambasting Apple fanyboys are themselves hopeless Android nutswingers! Such irony.

Agree with most of what you said. BUT.....lambasting a phone and a platform while not even giving it a chance while holding another phone and platform on a pedestal is childish within itself, especially with most of the comments he made. So THAT does make him...ahem...dumb. Charging cable? Serious? And the mindless other pundit comments he eschewed. His article wasn't considered mature in my opinion (most of my comments aren't mature either...but I'm not writing an article)!!

He likes it simple. Fine. He likes Apple. Fine. But most of his comments makes him out to need medication...or a round room and told to sit in a corner.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Apple is known for their packaging. A premium product deserves premium packaging. It's just another Apple "perk".

And what constitutes Apple as being premium? The media? The Apple fans? Tech sites? Or told to say so?

What I consider to be premium is anything that I hold dear. My wife. My kids. My job. My friends. My health., and the list goes on. A phone is an object that is considered a tool. Something you use to communicate or waste time with. Some may consider it "premium" /rolls eyes...I consider it a phone....

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wait, you are saying that most smartphone users resell their old devices? I'd love to see the data behind that, because I've only known a couple of people who've done that.

Or is this like "everyone roots/jailbreaks their phone"?

What happens when I press this?

A lot of retailers offer a trade in program. They might not be "selling" but they are doing something with them. Also the resell market on phones is booming, with websites like Gazelle pushing the way.

Here are some numbers from 2012.

There were an estimated 48 million used devices recycled or sold back in 2012.
About 21% of mobile phone customers have recycled or traded in a phone.
Carrier-owned stores (including online) account for around 61% of the traded-in devices.

Bamboo Mobile Estimates the U.S. Used Device Trade-in Market Reached Over $900 Million in 2012 - Yahoo Finance

I traded my wife's 4s for 330 dollars in store credit at Target after she got her HTC One( was usually 250 but some promotion or something with bonus credit).

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
And what constitutes Apple as being premium? The media? The Apple fans? Tech sites? Or told to say so?

What I consider to be premium is anything that I hold dear. My wife. My kids. My job. My friends. My health., and the list goes on. A phone is an object that is considered a tool. Something you use to communicate or waste time with. Some may consider it "premium" /rolls eyes...I consider it a phone....

First I miss your old avatar.

Second, only thing I think were Apple is a premium is their customer service.

Maybe the rest comes from pricing. I don't know I think do think that the 15 inch retina display macbook pro is a premium product.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok I am an Apple fan and I admit.
But this is ridiculous. Trust me he does not speak for Apple users at all, I mean hell, people that know me here also know I own and love a 16GB Nexus 4. I am shocked he thought he was fair.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Good Lord... the cord doesn't wrap into a circle? Oh, the humanity!

There's no hope for this guy. What a maroon.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? You think most people keep the empty boxes their phones come in? They must have a heck of a lot more closet space than I do.

I certainly do. Not for reselling but just because I want to keep them. I've kept my MBP box, my iPod Nano box,my iPhone 3GS box, my iPhone 4 box, my iPhone 4S box, my Nexus 4 box and also my iPhone 5 box.

Not mentioning keeping the iPad 2 and up boxes as well.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
A lot of retailers offer a trade in program. They might not be "selling" but they are doing something with them. Also the resell market on phones is booming, with websites like Gazelle pushing the way.

Here are some numbers from 2012.

There were an estimated 48 million used devices recycled or sold back in 2012.
About 21% of mobile phone customers have recycled or traded in a phone.
Carrier-owned stores (including online) account for around 61% of the traded-in devices.

Bamboo Mobile Estimates the U.S. Used Device Trade-in Market Reached Over $900 Million in 2012 - Yahoo Finance

I traded my wife's 4s for 330 dollars in store credit at Target after she got her HTC One( was usually 250 but some promotion or something with bonus credit).

To quote gazelle. IPhone users should be on the lookout. There's a new scam going around called apple picking. Basically a theif steals your iPhone, or pays the upgrade price of 200$. Then they rip out the Sim card and sell it to gazelle. Doing this they can get up 400$ for it.

Honestly I think sites like gazelle are shady and would never sell my phone to them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I certainly do. Not for reselling but just because I want to keep them. I've kept my MBP box, my iPod Nano box,my iPhone 3GS box, my iPhone 4 box, my iPhone 4S box, my Nexus 4 box and also my iPhone 5 box.

Not mentioning keeping the iPad 2 and up boxes as well.

keep the box or not, be it pretty or not - the point is that you don't chose a $600 phone over a box. if the box is nice its a bonus but certainly not a deciding factor.

additionally, a serious blogger who knows what they are talking about will hardly bash a product because of the box it came in; or chose another one instead.

THAT is the point.

There is nothing wrong with the HTC One packaging. Granted, it doesnt look as sturdy as the iphone box, but i don't have to look at or hold the box every day.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
First I miss your old avatar.

Second, only thing I think were Apple is a premium is their customer service.

Maybe the rest comes from pricing. I don't know I think do think that the 15 inch retina display macbook pro is a premium product.

Better? :)

You think the 15 inch retina MBP is a premium product. I think my Samsung Chronos Series 7 is a premium product. My schlong wrapped in bacon is a premium product. But what I think is premium you may not and vise versa. Premium is what "YOU" think of it cause if you didn't, you wouldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18