I loled - Why iPhone is better than the HTC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
https://medium.com/this-happened-to-me/ca5bd05ffcc2

The packaging was cheap, dirty, and seemed to be only an inferior replication of the experience of opening an Apple product. It wasn?t a huge deal, so I pressed on.

I consider myself a technically capable person and I was excited to explore the customization aspect of the open platform of the Android OS. However, after an hour or so, I felt hopelessly overwhelmed at all of the options at my disposal. Sure, I can customize the keyboard and change it if I don't like the stock one?but why should I have to spend any time doing so? Shouldn't the keyboard be optimium right out of the box? (For the record, I felt very frustrated by unintuitive nature of the keyboard.)

Being on an Android device is like being in the Wild Wild West. If I had a problem, who would I turn to? AT&T? HTC? Android/Google? Amazon? There is no [Apple] store to run to when you have an issue.

The charger itself was absolutely utilitarian. Standard black. The gauge was so thick that it was hard to make entirely straight, or wrap into a perfect circle. It was a stark contrast to Apple?s charger.

As I'm writing this, I'm boxing up my HTC One to send back to Amazon and will be preordering my iPhone 5S on September 20.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The dude is an absolute moron. If he can't figure out an Android device and what's involved, then the fuqtard needs to go sit a corner with a bottle and a bib.

"packaging felt dirty".....Yes, this guy has made me not want to buy any more phones unless the packaging feels premium...like an apple device....yeah, right.

He's a doorknob. I wish there was a way to post a comment....I looked and couldn't find anything....

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
To summarize:

I can't deal with Android, I need to be led by the nose and told exactly how my device should work and how I should use it. Having options confuses and frightens me. I must now run back to the Apple Cathedral and pray for forgiveness from the Cupertino Gods for having touched an unclean device.

ChuckChurch

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The 'Experience' of opening a phone package? What is the dude expecting, soft violin music and a breath mint in the box? Complaining about the charger too? I'm surprised he didn't lick the phone, and complain about the taste.

pete6032

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a way to post a comment....I looked and couldn't find anything....
Me too. This guy is seriously brainwashed. The funny thing is that he thinks that he actually made an unbiased effort to try an android device. His dislike of the ONE stems from the fact that the ONE is not enough like an iPhone and he spends the whole time ******** about it. The sad part is that a lot of people will read this article and use it to reaffirm their belief that Apple products are far superior.

And before anyone calls me an Apple hater, I think the iPhone is a great product, but for me it made more sense to have an Android device.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Me too. This guy is seriously brainwashed. The funny thing is that he thinks that he actually made an unbiased effort to try an android device. His dislike of the ONE stems from the fact that the ONE is not enough like an iPhone and he spends the whole time ******** about it. The sad part is that a lot of people will read this article and use it to reaffirm their belief that Apple products are far superior.

And before anyone calls me an Apple hater, I think the iPhone is a great product, but for me it made more sense to have an Android device.

I'll admit it...

I'm an Apple hater. Period.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm not an Apple hater. I have used and probably will use their products in the future. What I hate is the people like this guy, who have an almost religious devotion to a brand. All you have to say to one of these zealots is "I like the way Android does one thing better than the way iOS does it" and you will instantly be branded an "Apple hater". I actually had a guy block me on Twitter because in his blog he was slathering praise on Apple when they opened their bookstore up for self publishing. In a comment I suggested that Amazon had done this for a while, and from a pure economic standpoint it would make sense to use both and reach a wider audience. He became apoplectic and blocked me from his blog, on Twitter and on email.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
My daughter has an iPhone 4s and it runs like molasses after the last update. For the life of me I just can't see what the attraction is (more like an addiction) with iPhone. I just never bought into it, and have been an Android user from day one.
My note I LTE is the same age as her iPhone 4s and it still rocks. I don't see myself upgrading for another year. She is already looking for another phone, and is considering coming over to the dark side. Muuahahahha :cool:

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AC Forums mobile app

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The charger part was my favorite. I like the picture the best where he laid out the iPhone cable neatly but had the HTC one all sprawled out. I'm not sure what he's using his charger for that requires it to be anything but "utilitarian," (maybe he has a cell phone charger collection that he likes to display or something) but the cable is more useful than the iPhone cable. It works on everything with a micro USB port while the Apple cable only works with a couple (not even most) iDevices.

While he does have one or two decent points, the rest of the review is a combination of him talking about how susceptible he is to marketing (packaging is more important to him than nearly every feature on the One) and how he's not smart enough to figure out how to use a phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
He's a tech guy everyone... But don't ask him to change the keyboard.. You may cause a headache or blow his mind if you told him he didn't have to.. It's a option not a requirement lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
"Let me be clear that I found nothing in particluar wrong with the Android device. (Except maybe the keyboard, that really was a pain.) Simply put, it lacked the magic that Apple products are known for. Robust and capable, yes, refined and simple, no. It?s hard to quantify what magic is, but I can decidedly say that Apple has much more of it.

Apple philosophy: It?s only done when you can?t remove anything else. Android philosophy: Every bell and whistle marginally adds value."

This guy sounds like a brainwashed ape. I'm surprised he can get up in the morning and not fall over because it is too hard to stand up.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
"Let me be clear that I found nothing in particluar wrong with the Android device. (Except maybe the keyboard, that really was a pain.) Simply put, it lacked the magic that Apple products are known for. Robust and capable, yes, refined and simple, no. It?s hard to quantify what magic is, but I can decidedly say that Apple has much more of it.

Apple philosophy: It?s only done when you can?t remove anything else. Android philosophy: Every bell and whistle marginally adds value."
I liked that part, too. "I'm a tech person and I like the iPhone more because it has more magic."

badams1

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The dude is an absolute moron. If he can't figure out an Android device and what's involved, then the fuqtard needs to go sit a corner with a bottle and a bib.

"packaging felt dirty".....Yes, this guy has made me not want to buy any more phones unless the packaging feels premium...like an apple device....yeah, right.

He's a doorknob. I wish there was a way to post a comment....I looked and couldn't find anything....

Wrong...doorknobs can be turned.

This guy is lost....

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
he makes a couple of valid points, such as the turn on/off button and apple's centralised customer service, but the rest is all typical of someone who just wants to find (or create) reasons not to like a new phone/platform.

his keyboard criticism is a joke. the apple keyboard is one of the main reasons people jailbreak their idevices and/or why they switch to android. yes it might take some tweaking but at least there are options! with apple you are stuck with pressing small buttons one at a time.

the charger... lol. i wont even waste time with the rest of his tantrum.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just wait till he takes his first pictures and it picks the best one for u his head will explode

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

wielkimurad

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
But we all must admit, that lockbutton location is very unfortunate... Charger cable also is very ****ty, I have to use old USB cable from my previous Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro :(

Matthew Cliffe

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I was so intrigued by these comments I registered to view the link, gotta say "worth it".

Right from the first line

"Author?s Note: My wiriting is built for speed, not fur comfort. So,their may be airs present."

WTF is that :)

There is however one bit of truth in what he says (I think);

"I want to walk into a nice shiny store, describe my issue to a friendly employee, and walk out with a working product. I see this as one insurmountable advantage that Apple has over Android devices."

I hate sending products back via post as it leaves me device-less for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis