Recently I've had a problem where my headphones will only go about 3/4s of the way into the jack and will not go any farther. I know it isn't my headphones because I have tried several, and It must be something pretty solid too because it doesn't seem like it wants to come out. I've even tried to shine a light into it but no matter what it's always like a black abyss, because I can't see very far inside of it. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could provide me any helpful suggestions. Thanks!
    09-18-2013 09:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The most common implement mentioned here to root around safely in your jack is a damp toothpick, so give that a go.
    09-18-2013 10:49 PM
    Did it just happened or its been like that since day 1?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    09-18-2013 11:02 PM
    No it just happened

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I'll try that out right now!
    09-18-2013 11:05 PM
    Hey thanks alot, it seemed to have work. It still doesn't click when it goes in but its tight in there and I can hear music from my headphones!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-18-2013 11:14 PM
    Happened to me once when I got a nerd stuck in there. I used a lot of isopropol alcohol very sparingly on a Qtip with it's cotton pulled off. Eventually the alcohol cleared out the sugar from the nerds
    09-18-2013 11:47 PM
    I thought Nerds were supposed to be helpful when it comes to tech ...
    Golfdriver97, BygSii and garyft like this.
    09-18-2013 11:52 PM
    I thought Nerds were supposed to be helpful when it comes to tech ...
    I guess in this case, these Nerds hate everything.....Lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Recently I've had a problem where my headphones will only go about 3/4s of the way into the jack and will not go any farther. I know it isn't my headphones because I have tried several, and It must be something pretty solid too because it doesn't seem like it wants to come out. I've even tried to shine a light into it but no matter what it's always like a black abyss, because I can't see very far inside of it. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys could provide me any helpful suggestions. Thanks!
    Welcome to the forums!
    Pay it forward and help someone else out!!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-18-2013 11:57 PM
    If it's something like pocket lint I would recommend using a 1/8 drill bit and carefully spinning it. The lint will actually get caught onto the bit and you can pull it right out. Just be careful not to damage anything while you're in there. I can speak from personal experience as I did this just last week and it worked like a charm.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-19-2013 01:39 AM
    If it's something like pocket lint I would recommend using a 1/8 drill bit and carefully spinning it. The lint will actually get caught onto the bit and you can pull it right out. Just be careful not to damage anything while you're in there. I can speak from personal experience as I did this just last week and it worked like a charm.

Posted via Android Central App
    But make sure the drill bit is not, REPEAT NOT, still connected to the power drill.
    cheeta186, Golfdriver97 and mkhall like this.
    09-19-2013 01:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The most common implement mentioned here to root around safely in your jack is a damp toothpick, so give that a go.
    The first three times I read this I swear it said "damn toothpick".
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:33 AM
    The first three times I read this I swear it said "damn toothpick".
    Lol!!
    If the pick breaks, that may be said too!!

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:50 AM
    I got a nerd stuck in mine 😂
    01-05-2016 10:24 AM
    I'm having the same problem right now and nothing seems to be working . can someone please help
    01-13-2017 10:55 PM
    can u give me any advice on how to fix mine ? I tried the damp toothpick , and that didn't work
    01-14-2017 02:05 PM
    I got a nerd stuck in mine ������
    Ok, so I gotta ask -- did you eat it after you got it out?
    01-14-2017 06:47 PM
    can u give me any advice on how to fix mine ? I tried the damp toothpick , and that didn't work
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that something's stuck in there? If it's completely clear and the jack still isn't working right, then it's probably a problem with the jack itself, which means you probably have to bring it to a repair shop.
    01-14-2017 06:48 PM
    Same thing happened to me right now. I am very sure there is a solid round ball like those cautious ones in those tiny white bags from clothes or something. I didn't know until I looked inside and see it and it had to be the perfect size to fit! 😒 And I can't seem to do anything. I tried to blow it out and it didn't really work well. Please, I need answers. I wanna hear music again!
    10-10-2018 04:55 PM
    I put my ZTE in my school bag Without my earbuds in the phone, then I went to Starbucks, and I went to be an edgy bean and listen to Paramore, putting my earbuds in, then they wouldn't even go into the phone, I have managed to get some gunk out, finding out that it was from my Corn Nuts, WHAT THE HECK DO I DO?
    10-30-2018 11:55 PM