Breaking up with iOS and iPhone...

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I apologize for all the people that jumped in this thread that don't own HTC Ones.

Battery is equal or better than your iPhone 5.

Moving files is easy, as several have mentioned. You're not tied to any computer software. Android is designed to work with cloud services and they all work like a charm. You should upload your music to Google Music (free storage for 20k songs).

Sense 5 is really nice. It does not lag, it has some nice features, especially the camera stuff. Blinkfeed is no more than average. It needs both quantity and quality of content.

Updates are not super fast on the U.S. carrier versions. We will get 4.3 this month, and will get Kit Kat.

Welcome and good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
1. if you are a light user, expect the battery to last at least 48 hrs.

Lol! That will never happen, unless you don't use it at all, and then I'm not sure that it has 48 hours of standby. The One is a very nice phone, but it's not known for good battery life.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol! That will never happen, unless you don't use it at all, and then I'm not sure that it has 48 hours of standby. The One is a very nice phone, but it's not known for good battery life.

48 hours does seem like a bit of a stretch unless
you're really not using your phone.

S IV

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses an tips to use once i get the htc one which will probably be this weekend. I have a few more questions that came to mind an a few related to whats others have been experiencing with the One.

5. I read on this site an also on other sites about call quality issues. Some said the person on the other end told the caller their voice sounded robotic. Anyone had these issues or could i just be with random htc ones?

6. The speakers, also been reported as a popping noise of some sort. Any clue an is this a huge con an is it a widespread thing?

7. So most say they get good battery time before recharging, how about recharging? Whats about the average time its taking to fully charge up if say it drained down to 15-20%?

8. These launchers that people use for android devices, do they carry virus/malware or is that mainly when dealing with apps?

9. Heres a big one i read alot about. The htc one camera. This blue tint happening during lowlight an even times in average light, how big of a problem has this become? Alongside that problem is the focus an blurriness. Is it the user producing these type of photos or is it software? I seen really good pics taken an then i see horrible blurry not in focused type of pics. And by blurry i mean is it captured the object up close to medium range no problem but everything past that distance was blurred or smeared with no detail at all. Any clue? Will 4.3 update correct these bugs?

10. I watched reviews on the butterfly S and the specs an features ,hardware wise are nice! No word (atleast i havent heard) on it coming to at&t. Htc one has a 4.7inch screen an the S is a 5inch screen. My thing here i guess preference is the 4.7inch on the One looks great even though its not far behind to being a 5inch like the S, it still looks great. The butterfly S while being nice with expandable storage an bigger battery, it just seems to being a tablet because of screen side, in my opinion. With that being said do you think the htc one will be a perfect choice in the long run?

Sorry for so many questions, just making sure i go with the perfect android device for me so i can sway away from iphones for good...Thanks once again!

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
5. I read on this site an also on other sites about call quality issues. Some said the person on the other end told the caller their voice sounded robotic. Anyone had these issues or could i just be with random htc ones?

6. The speakers, also been reported as a popping noise of some sort. Any clue an is this a huge con an is it a widespread thing?

My One has no call quality issues whatsoever nor speaker issues. I got it a couple of weeks ago. I think the first batches had issues, but if you were to get the One now then you won't be getting it from the first batch.

7. So most say they get good battery time before recharging, how about recharging? Whats about the average time its taking to fully charge up if say it drained down to 15-20%?

If you're battery is down to 20% then it takes about 2 hours to fully charge.

8. These launchers that people use for android devices, do they carry virus/malware or is that mainly when dealing with apps?

No, launchers don't carry viruses. You can download AntiVirus Security and scan them if you want. But, like I said, they don't.

9. Heres a big one i read alot about. The htc one camera. This blue tint happening during lowlight an even times in average light, how big of a problem has this become? Alongside that problem is the focus an blurriness. Is it the user producing these type of photos or is it software? I seen really good pics taken an then i see horrible blurry not in focused type of pics. And by blurry i mean is it captured the object up close to medium range no problem but everything past that distance was blurred or smeared with no detail at all. Any clue? Will 4.3 update correct these bugs?

Sometimes (not all the time) the shots I take with the camera have a purple haze on them. HTC confirmed that 4.3 will have a fix to these camera issues.

AZBoy28

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

As Gazella said don't worry about viruses. Nearly all apps on the Play Store are safe however if you want to be assured use Avast as your mobile security - I use it and it does the job. Just try to stay away from .apk files.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So i wonder if 64 will be overkill.
I guess it depends on what you like to keep local. If you don't like to stream music but are a music fan than the extra local storage is great. Some keep movies on their phones too, which can take up some space. I feel like 64GB local is that sweet-spot for me.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Are most people buying the 32gb or 64gb htc one? I never filled my 16gb iphone,well really 13gb. So i wonder if 64 will be overkill.

Bear in mind that the HTC One does not have an SD Card. And it's also worth mentioning that 32GB is actually 28GB since the rest is taken up by the software. So if you think 32GB is enough for you then go with that. Do you install lots of apps? Will you be having your music on it? Any movies?

I got the 64GB and I regret it a little. I have 130 apps installed and I've only used 17GB so far and I feel like I have everything I need and won't be using any more storage. But my One is only a few weeks old so I don't know if I'll be using any more storage space.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Bear in mind that the HTC One does not have an SD Card. And it's also worth mentioning that 32GB is actually 28GB since the rest is taken up by the software. So if you think 32GB is enough for you then go with that. Do you install lots of apps? Will you be having your music on it? Any movies?

I got the 64GB and I regret it a little. I've only used 17GB so far and I feel like I have everything on it and won't be using any more storage. But my One is only a few week old so I don't know if I'll be using any more storage space.

But ya gotta put the classics on it. Aliens. Transformers. Kill Bill. Star Trek or whatever your favorites may be. You never know when a great movie close at hand will be just what ya need. :)

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey! Welcome to the world of Android!

The HTC One is a brilliant piece of tech and I highly recommend it! (I own one BTW, so I'm a bit biased xD)

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses an tips to use once i get the htc one which will probably be this weekend. I have a few more questions that came to mind an a few related to whats others have been experiencing with the One.

No issues. That issue is likely hardware and you should be diligent when you get your phone. I use my speakerphone daily, and not a single person has ever complained about call quality - even federal judges (who can be...picky).

Got mine launch day on T-Mo. No issues for me. Again, likely a hardware issue so test out your phone when you get it.

1-2 hours to charge from low % to full. HTC purposefully used slower charging because it will extend the life of the battery.

You won't get virus/malware from apps downloaded from the Google Play Store. You can install apps from anywhere, however, unlike iOS. If you are getting apps from 3rd party websites - you may find yourself with a few surprises.

I don't have the blue tint. I have no clue if it's hardware or software related.

10. I watched reviews on the butterfly S and the specs an features ,hardware wise are nice! No word (atleast i havent heard) on it coming to at&t. Htc one has a 4.7inch screen an the S is a 5inch screen. My thing here i guess preference is the 4.7inch on the One looks great even though its not far behind to being a 5inch like the S, it still looks great. The butterfly S while being nice with expandable storage an bigger battery, it just seems to being a tablet because of screen side, in my opinion. With that being said do you think the htc one will be a perfect choice in the long run?

Get into a store and try it out. No clue if you'll like it better than the Butterfly S. I have played with my buddy's DNA, and it is a really nice device that no one bought, apparently.

Sorry for so many questions, just making sure i go with the perfect android device for me so i can sway away from iphones for good...Thanks once again!

Although the G2 screen is getting rave reviews, I'd say at least prior to that, the HTC One was the best smartphone display. People make fun of Beats audio - but the sound is really, really good. And not just volume through the phone speakers. I get great sounding music through the headphone jack, better than my old iPod. Finally, Sense 5 is underrated. It's nice and small, provides some nice features while not getting in the way, like it used to. Unless you get a hardware defect - I'm confident you will be happy with your purchase.

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
For music, you can use Google Music to sync between your Mac and HTC One. Basically any time you add music to your music folder, it automatically uploads to Google Music and on your phone. If you want the music to be stored on your phone then you just download it wirelessly from your phone.

If you don't want to use that, then I recommend AirDroid. You can drag and drop basically anything from your Mac to your phone all wirelessly.

I have never once needed to physically connect my phone to my Mac with all the wireless solutions there are out there today

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
My One has no call quality issues whatsoever nor speaker issues. I got it a couple of weeks ago. I think the first batches had issues, but if you were

to get the One now then you won't be getting it from the first batch.

If you're battery is down to 20% then it takes about 2 hours to fully charge.

No, launchers don't carry viruses. You can download AntiVirus Security and scan them if you want. But, like I said, they don't.

Sometimes (not all the time) the shots I take with the camera have a purple haze on them. HTC confirmed that 4.3 will have a fix to these camera issues.

Ok cool thats good to know on all the info you provide. 2 hours isnt so bad i guess. I was just use to the iphone charging fast but size of batteries are different so a minor con. Good to also know the 4.3 update will fix the camera issues, i hope! I think im going to order the One today...

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
As Gazella said don't worry about viruses. Nearly all apps on the Play Store are safe however if you want to be assured use Avast as your mobile security - I use it and it does the job. Just try to stay away from .apk files.

Noted on the .apk files. thanks!

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you like to keep local. If you don't like to stream music but are a music fan than the extra local storage is great. Some keep movies on their phones too, which can take up some space. I feel like 64GB local is that sweet-spot for me.

Well i never had music on my iphone 4S. If i took pics i ended up transferring them to my mac an then it'll be empty off my iphone so i hardly keep stuff on the device i use.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I got the 64GB and I regret it a little. I have 130 apps installed and I've only used 17GB so far and I feel like I have everything I need and won't be using any more storage. But my One is only a few weeks old so I don't know if I'll be using any more storage space.

Yeah 28gb still seems like alot. My iphone 4S never dropped down to 12gb of storage left. It was always 13gb stock capacity. But it doesnt have the features like the One (camera) wise so maybe 64gb will come in handy? But im not a big fan on apps,games etc so 28gb should be good for me im thinking.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Well tomorrow ill be ordering the One and putting iphones and ios in the past,for good i hope! Just torn between getting silver or black and 32gb an 64gb..decisions...decisions.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well tomorrow ill be ordering the One and putting iphones and ios in the past,for good i hope! Just torn between getting silver or black and 32gb an 64gb..decisions...decisions.

I can help with the capacity, 32GB would be perfect for you. As for the color, that's your decision to make :p

I have the silver and it looks fantastic.

A couple of pictures that may help you decide:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 20

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I love that black, that's just sexy. I would HAVE to use a clear case on that so I could ogle and cat-call to my phone, "Hey baby, you sure do look goooood in that black!"

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

How do i know which apps are .apk files in play store an which ones are not? That way i can avoid them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000