Breaking up with iOS and iPhone...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
How do i know which apps are .apk files in play store an which ones are not? That way i can avoid them.

Any apps that you download through the play store are automatically in apk format. In fact, no matter where you get the app from, in order for it to install, it has to be in apk format.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Any apps that you download through the play store are automatically in apk format. In fact, no matter where you get the app from, in order for it to install, it has to be in apk format.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh ok im not too tech savvy so i had no clue. What was AZBoy28 speaking of then since all the apps are apk?

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok im not too tech savvy so i had no clue. What was AZBoy28 speaking of then since all the apps are apk?
I think he's just saying to only install apps through the Play Store. It's possible to download .apk files from other sources (blogs, forums, etc.) and there's less chance they'll be safe.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think he's just saying to only install apps through the Play Store. It's possible to download .apk files from other sources (blogs, forums, etc.) and there's less chance they'll be safe.

So as long as i stick with the play store an research peoples reviews on the apps themselves then i should be good to go?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Southtex, how you liking the one? Everything you expected? Any regrets leaving ios?

To be honest rayndog3, im enjoying the learning curve to it since its way more things to discover to where ios was so simple to use. Im having a hard time as far as texting an notifications. Im use to receiving a text an seeing a pop up where you can cancel or read on ios but on the One, the screen doesnt light up nor shows the pop up box. It just makes the sound an the LED up on top flashes plus the notification drop down bar shows just like ios had. So just to check an see who it is everytime i have to press the power button on top to turn the screen on. Theres apps to work around this but you would think a simple feature would be in it already. I havent tried the apps yet. Thats my biggest gripe right now with the One/Sense software. Other than that i dont regret leaving ios...yet lol. I love how customizable android/sense is, which ios was lacking bigtime an that was the cause for me to switch from being so bored. I have 14 days left to test drive the One an im hoping i wont need to return it (crossing fingers) because i like it an also like the build of the One.

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
To be honest rayndog3, im enjoying the learning curve to it since its way more things to discover to where ios was so simple to use. Im having a hard time as far as texting an notifications. Im use to receiving a text an seeing a pop up where you can cancel or read on ios but on the One, the screen doesnt light up nor shows the pop up box. It just makes the sound an the LED up on top flashes plus the notification drop down bar shows just like ios had. So just to check an see who it is everytime i have to press the power button on top to turn the screen on. Theres apps to work around this but you would think a simple feature would be in it already. I havent tried the apps yet. Thats my biggest gripe right now with the One/Sense software. Other than that i dont regret leaving ios...yet lol. I love how customizable android/sense is, which ios was lacking bigtime an that was the cause for me to switch from being so bored. I have 14 days left to test drive the One an im hoping i wont need to return it (crossing fingers) because i like it an also like the build of the One.

Cool, thanks for your honest response. I heard textra is a good 3rd party SMS app, and has quick reply like the jailbroken iOS app bitesms, which is what I miss the most. I should be getting my one within the next week. At$t is a pain in the *** now to even get a 15 day early upgrade!!!

Scotly50

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the HTC one for 13 day last month and returned it. I came from iPhone 4. Never had anything but iPhones. I returned the One to see what Apple would put out a with the 5s since it was so close to launch. Got the 5s on launch day and played with it for 12 day and returned it. Same old Apple. I am likely going back with the One. Love that screen and build.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Cool, thanks for your honest response. I heard textra is a good 3rd party SMS app, and has quick reply like the jailbroken iOS app bitesms, which is what I miss the most. I should be getting my one within the next week. At$t is a pain in the *** now to even get a 15 day early upgrade!!!

No problem! Yeah im thinking on trying textra an see how that works out. Quick reply is nice to have, i remember using it on jailbroken ios (bitesms). Im not to concerned with a quick reply just yet but more so for the screen to light up an being able to see who has texted me without needing to press the power button. Yeah at&t can definitely be a pain i know what you mean. If its not one thing its another.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the HTC one for 13 day last month and returned it. I came from iPhone 4. Never had anything but iPhones. I returned the One to see what Apple would put out a with the 5s since it was so close to launch. Got the 5s on launch day and played with it for 12 day and returned it. Same old Apple. I am likely going back with the One. Love that screen and build.

Yeah im in the same boat as you. I owned nothing but iPhones an my last iPhone was a 4S before i got the One. When i saw the unveil for the 5S i knew it was time to switch to something else because iOS was boring me an there was no serious makeover to the 5S so here i am in the android forums learning about android an the One. Im still test driving it an i hope it grows on me because i really like it except for the flaws i pointed out an also the purple tint i get with the camera which can be annoying at times depending on the lighting. So 14 days we'll see what my verdict is..or sooner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2