10-04-2013 09:13 PM
27 12
tools
    I bought a HTC One last Sunday from Radioshack. I paid 183 ( including taxes) I thought It was going to be a exciting and rewarding experience to upgrade from my Evo 4g. I ended up purchasing a defective phone unbeknownst to me. I started noticing issues with the phone after a few days, the first thing I noticed was the call quality sounded garbled and I was missing parts of the conversation. ( keep in mind this is at full bars) I decide that it must be a reception issue, so I go outside to a lake down the street from my place. Full reception same thing!

The other issue I had is that the speaker had loud audible pop's during calls and after it I hung up. I called HTC, and they told me " It's a known issue and your phone is detective, whats the serial number". I really had high hopes for this phone and I ended up returning it, I got a LG Optimus G, ( for free) which has the same quadcore processor and graphics chip at the HTC one.

Why is it that all these HTC One's seem defective? I've read so much on here and sprint forums..
    09-20-2013 12:17 AM
    Each brand and models of phones have some that are defective.

You're going to see way more people complaining about their phones then praising them on these message boards.

Posted via Android Central App
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    09-20-2013 12:23 AM
    Each brand and models of phones have some that are defective.

You're going to see way more people complaining about their phones then praising them on these message boards.

True. Doesn't HTC even care about quality control though? From what it sounds like no phone is the same or identical, they have their little quarks.

HTC must have been in a rush to compete with the S4 market.
    09-20-2013 12:27 AM
    True. Doesn't HTC even care about quality control though? From what it sounds like no phone is the same or identical, they have their little quarks.

HTC must have been in a rush to compete with the S4 market.
    They do care... But regardless of caring or not every signal manufacturer (apple, Samsung, HTC, etc.) have an acceptable failure rate. They expect a certain percentage of phones to be defective... Because these devices are mass produced it's just bound to happen. While every company wishes they were all 100% perfect they know they aren't. This is why warranties are in place otherwise they wouldn't be needed.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    benhmadison likes this.
    09-20-2013 06:51 AM
    I have heard about these issues but I have had my HTC One now for well over 4 months and I see no problems with mine. Guess I am lucky! Att network as well. Have you returned the phone yet for a new one? Keep us posted on your story!
    09-20-2013 09:27 AM
    Isn't everything from Radio Shack defective?
    freddyttt likes this.
    09-20-2013 09:43 AM
    To state the obvious: Nothing made by the hands of man or machine will ever be without flaw. Also, no two things are alike in this world.

I do understand your concern though. As a consumer it's our expectations that given the amount of money we spend, we want a 100% positive experience. For example, I have the dreaded gap on mine, but I chose to live with it. I know the engineering and assembly process may take several iterations to fine tune and become more consistent.

09-20-2013 10:29 AM
    I actually just bit the bullet on an HTC One as well. Got it for 99 on Amazon from ATT. Sold my HTC Evo 4G from sprint on glyde.com for 180 and my ETF for spring is 180, so I break even there, thank goodness. Get the phone monday, looking forward to the new experience. I've quite enjoyed my EVO 4g (even though there is no 4g from sprint in my area so that's fun having a phone called the 4g and i can't use 4g!)
    09-20-2013 10:44 AM
    Not every phone is going to be perfect. If you get a defective unit, return it and get a new one.
    I've had no issues with mine. (Aside from the battery)

09-20-2013 11:24 AM
    I bought a HTC One last Sunday from Radioshack. I paid 183 ( including taxes) I thought It was going to be a exciting and rewarding experience to upgrade from my Evo 4g. I ended up purchasing a defective phone unbeknownst to me. I started noticing issues with the phone after a few days, the first thing I noticed was the call quality sounded garbled and I was missing parts of the conversation. ( keep in mind this is at full bars) I decide that it must be a reception issue, so I go outside to a lake down the street from my place. Full reception same thing!

The other issue I had is that the speaker had loud audible pop's during calls and after it I hung up. I called HTC, and they told me " It's a known issue and your phone is detective, whats the serial number". I really had high hopes for this phone and I ended up returning it, I got a LG Optimus G, ( for free) which has the same quadcore processor and graphics chip at the HTC one.

Why is it that all these HTC One's seem defective? I've read so much on here and sprint forums..
    I believe that the LG Optimus G comes with a quad core snap dragon s4 pro processor? Or did you get the G pro? I would of tried another new HTC One first.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    09-20-2013 11:54 AM
    I believe that the LG Optimus G comes with a quad core snap dragon s4 pro processor? Or did you get the G pro? I would of tried another new HTC One first.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    I have Sprint, the pro is only through AT&T. The optimus G uses the same processor as the HTC One, which is the 0846 quad core (clocked a bit slower) same amount of ram 2048 and the GPU is the Andrenos 320.

Yeah, i woulda tried one. But sprint charges a activation fee each time. I didnt want to end up with a lemon again.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-One,LG-Optimus-G-Sprint/phones/7678,7100
    09-20-2013 12:07 PM
    I received my new HTC one today "UK " and frankly was shocked to find at least four marks on the back of the phone, it's going back on Wednesday. It's only when doing a google search this evening I realised how many problems there have been regarding quality control. Frankly for a 500 phone it's pretty shocking after never having a problem with Apple over the years. I'm giving them another chance with a second phone coming out on Wednesday but I'm beginning to see why HTC are struggling if that's an example of how little respect they show new customers.
    09-30-2013 04:06 PM
    Knock on wood; mine has zero gaps, and has operated flawlessly since I got it! I guarantee you there are many more happy stories, than sad ones as yours... as one poster said above, this is the place to complain, not praise, meaning that folks come here mostly to share problems. The HTC ONE has been the best experience I've ever had with a cell phone, hands down!

Chris
    09-30-2013 08:11 PM
    Knock on wood; mine has zero gaps, and has operated flawlessly since I got it! I guarantee you there are many more happy stories, than sad ones as yours... as one poster said above, this is the place to complain, not praise, meaning that folks come here mostly to share problems. The HTC ONE has been the best experience I've ever had with a cell phone, hands down!

Chris
    I was a little concerned and hoping my One didnt have issues or gaps like alot i have seen in reviews an youtube. Today i received it in the mail an im very pleased with it as well. Its flawless! I left the iphone for the htc one an i must say im done with iphones/ios an really love my new celly.
    09-30-2013 08:25 PM
    I was a little concerned and hoping my One didnt have issues or gaps like alot i have seen in reviews an youtube. Today i received it in the mail an im very pleased with it as well. Its flawless! I left the iphone for the htc one an i must say im done with iphones/ios an really love my new celly.
    Not to discredit any of the people that did have problems but like its been said. Most of the time people come to public forums to complain and look for possible answers so you see a higher % of negativity. Glad you got a good One like many of us did
    freddyttt likes this.
    09-30-2013 08:30 PM
    Not to discredit any of the people that did have problems but like its been said. Most of the time people come to public forums to complain and look for possible answers so you see a higher % of negativity. Glad you got a good One like many of us did
    not to mention samsung shills as well... not that any of the above are but you never really know.
    09-30-2013 08:32 PM
    Mine's been fine so far *knock on wood*, love it.
    09-30-2013 08:59 PM
    same.... so far perfect.
    09-30-2013 09:31 PM
    I've had defective iPhone, iPads, and One's. Every type of electronic device will have defects.

09-30-2013 10:38 PM
    There shouldn't be an activation fee for switching out a defective device. Maybe when you go to a different model, but just exchanging one HTC one for another shouldn't get another activation fee

Also, the optimus g does not have the same processor as the One. The LG has a snapdragon S4 pro, which is similar in that it is a quad core, but I think it is 1.5Ghz instead of 1.7, and it's about 40 - 50% slower than the snapdragon 600 in the One. It's still a respectable phone, but not as fast as the one. Also, the screen on the one is better, but that might not be as noticeable.
    ffejjj likes this.
    09-30-2013 11:35 PM
    Well my second one was delivered today and looks perfect. Looking at how bad the other was in comparison I'm actually wondering if it was a returned phone. Can't believe the difference in the two phones.
    10-01-2013 06:00 PM
    Well my second one was delivered today and looks perfect. Looking at how bad the other was in comparison I'm actually wondering if it was a returned phone. Can't believe the difference in the two phones.
    Glad to see it worked out for you. Enjoy your new phone
    10-01-2013 06:15 PM
    Hi guys I'm up and running but with a weird problem with the ringer volume. It's setting itself back to zero for some reason. Turn the phone on and off and its fine for a while before doing the same thing again.
    Any one heard of this before?
    10-04-2013 03:57 PM
    Hi guys I'm up and running but with a weird problem with the ringer volume. It's setting itself back to zero for some reason. Turn the phone on and off and its fine for a while before doing the same thing again.
    Any one heard of this before?
    Do a factory reset. Always should do a factory reset when getting a new phone and before you set it up. It helps reset all the innards of the OS to it's pristine state.

To answer your question: No. Not on my ONE, but my Moto X decided to start doing it. I did a FR and all is good....for now. I'll check it out as the days progress.
    10-04-2013 05:58 PM
    Glad to see it worked out for you. Enjoy your new phone
    Man, every time I like a thread that you have liked, your name ffejjj becomes something like....788893....weird.
    ffejjj likes this.
    10-04-2013 06:00 PM
27 12