Transferring photos/videos without USB cable

anon(8060622)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a lot of the same issues many other HTC One users are having as described in this thread, ie: car mode randomly turning on (and all apps showing up in landscape mode as a result), speakers working intermittently, and the phone won't charge unless it is fully dead (or connect to anything via USB).

I tried a soft reset, to no avail, and have given up and just want to transfer my content off it. Stupid me, I haven't been backing it up. I have a couple thousand photos and videos of my infant daughter and the past few months, pretty much from when we got our Ones in May up to now. I've tried transferring them to my computer via Bluetooth, but it's so slow it only does about five photos every minute, and forget about those videos...maybe one every ten minutes or so? And without being able to charge it until it's fully dead it's basically shower, rinse, repeat every few hours. Oy.

I've learned my lesson and will be backing up more often. But is there anything I can do now, before I send the phone off to be repaired or give in to my temptation to throw it out a window?

TL;DR: Anyone found a way to transfer content from HTC One to computer (a Mac Mini, if that makes a difference) without a USB cable or Bluetooth?

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Airdroid or even dropbox with camera sync are 2 free options that come to mind. Airdroid will be faster however dropbox will back it up to the cloud.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

anon(8060622)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! It seems like Dropbox might be the best option. I haven't looked into it too much, mostly because I was worried I don't have enough storage space through it for that mega amount of photos/videos.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well if dropbox isn't big enough you can also consider box.com or copy.com. They also have free options that are great. Personally I love box.com!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

anon(8060622)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
They're having a promotion right now, it seems - 23 GB just for connecting my One, plus up to 5 GB for uploading pictures. Works out perfectly! Thanks again for the tip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary