Hi guys,

I was looking to play a movie from my HTC One through my 360 and onto the big screen. This was quite a simple process when I had my old Samsung Galaxy S2 but it seems to be a little more tricky with the HTC One. I have tried a number of external applications (smartglass etc) and USB Debugging doesn't do the trick. How do I play a movie from my phone onto the Xbox? It simply doesn't recognize the phone as a portable device.

Help?
    09-21-2013 02:43 PM
    I found this article online..give it a try and report back here if it works.

How to connect & play media from S3, S4, HTC One to Xbox 360 & TV via DLNA
    09-21-2013 03:11 PM
    I found this article online..give it a try and report back here if it works.

How to connect & play media from S3, S4, HTC One to Xbox 360 & TV via DLNA
    There is some good information in there however he mentions using iMediaShare Lite or Twonky Beam, neither of which I rate! Hopefully I'll be able to do this through the phone without going through an external application. Thanks though!

Unfortunately I'm still looking for a fix, my Xbox was switched to 'Play To' previously.
    09-21-2013 03:52 PM
    The problem with DLNA is the phone is a client and so is the XBOX. One of them has to act as a server which is why an app on the phone is required. I use Twonky with no issues. My TV, XBOX and BluRay player all see me as a server with Twonky running and I can stream to all of them.
    09-21-2013 09:47 PM
    I've got a few movies downloaded onto my phone but with Twonky I didn't see an option to play them onto the Xbox. Is this possible using Twonky? If so, how?

Thanks for your reply,
    09-22-2013 06:44 PM
    Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm using Twonky Server. When you select "media to share" on the phone and then start Twonky Server it becomes visible to all other DLNA Client devices as a server and you can stream to them.
    09-22-2013 09:22 PM
    I use web video caster it works I'm streaming fallen skies now
    12-13-2015 11:54 AM