09-30-2013 04:17 PM
47 12
tools
    I'm never ordering another HTC product again. We probably won't even get 4.4 at rate this is going

Posted via Android Central App
    You realize that other companies aren't any faster, right? The S4 and the Moto X don't have 4.3 either.
    The good lord has said why this is to be:

'But the owners of carrier phones shall be cast out into outer darkness and long waits for updates: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Matthew 8:22

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Einwod likes this.
    09-25-2013 07:51 AM
    The slow updating is the only reason why I didn't buy the HTC One yet, really love this phone but I hate the no menu button and that it takes up screen space, I wonder how long it'll take them to bring 4.4 to the HTC One or if they will at all?
    Yeah I'm with ya on this. While I went ahead and ditched my iPhone for a One, i was SO shocked that updates don't come directly from Google. My catch 22 is that Sense puts nice finesse on Android to me. I don't want to loose that or blinkfeed. Otherwise I would go dev. edition.

I also don't like not having a menu button. The forfeited screen space doesn't bother me much, but it seems quite redundant to have an entire bar for one little menu button. The HTC logo should be the menu button.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    09-25-2013 08:43 AM
    Yeah I'm with ya on this. While I went ahead and ditched my iPhone for a One, i was SO shocked that updates don't come directly from Google. My catch 22 is that Sense puts nice finesse on Android to me. I don't want to loose that or blinkfeed. Otherwise I would go dev. edition.

I also don't like not having a menu button. The forfeited screen space doesn't bother me much, but it seems quite redundant to have an entire bar for one little menu button. The HTC logo should be the menu button.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    The big menu bar, annoying as it is, is more on app developers not following Android design guidelines than HTC's two button setup. Also, you can still have the developer edition and have Sense/BlinkFeed, it works just like the other models.
    09-25-2013 09:14 AM
    It's annoying that Apple doesn't have to deal with carrier bs, and every other company does.
    09-25-2013 12:51 PM
    Is there really much benefit to 4.3 over 4.1.2 or is it just the feeling of having the latest and greatest?

I don't feel like there is anything I need to do with my phone that I can't do right now . . . but that's just me.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    09-25-2013 01:31 PM
    Wondering the same, haven't really heard as to what the changes will be. Still expecting late Sept or early Oct release so I guess we will find out soon.
    09-25-2013 02:23 PM
    Is there really much benefit to 4.3 over 4.1.2 or is it just the feeling of having the latest and greatest?

I don't feel like there is anything I need to do with my phone that I can't do right now . . . but that's just me.
    supposedly improved battery life and an improved camera (i.e. no purple tint in low light situations).
    09-25-2013 02:29 PM

Well, most of it came with the 4.2.2 update.

The quicksettings, menu button fix and battery % in status bar are three big changes that will be noticeable in day-to-day use.
    09-25-2013 02:37 PM
    Why is HTC treating the Americas like a red-headed stepchild?
    Didn't Taiwan and all of them just get their 4.2.2 update?
    Are we going to have to wait for the update to creep across the globe again?

Where's the love???

https://news.google.com/news?ncl=dBA...=English&hl=en
    The american market, is not their main priority, nor is it Samsung's or LGS. Especially since the carriers here play havoc on system updates before releasing them. Taiwan is HTC's base of operations, they will always get the updates first. And that's why south Korean smartphone users get their updates first, as Samsung and lg are both headquartred in south Korea.

It really isn't that complicated to understand. If you wanted fast updates, either get a BLU phone or a nexus phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-25-2013 03:36 PM
    I was intimidated as well, and it literally took me 2 months of reading, videos and blogs to finally develop the courage to do it....AND I'M SO GLAD I DID!! In the end, it was sooooo easy, really!

Forgot to mention that an admin here, seen that I was on the edge of the cliff (root or no root) and he pushed me!! :-D
    Come on....it was only a little nudge...Lol..
    Seriously, though...
    Glad you are enjoying your freedom (root) and last I knew you were rocking an AOSP ROM correct?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3
    09-25-2013 03:52 PM
    Hypothetical future:
    October 10th @ 10:00am : Everybody gets the 4.3 update.
    October 10th @ 10:01am: Word starts spreading that the update is here and everybody is happy.
    October 10th @ 1:00pm: The new "HTC One 4.3 bug thread" is started and everybody is pissed at things that are not working correctly.....

... fast forward a little bit, everybody will be complaining why we are not getting 4.4.

It's not about having what you want, it's wanting what you have.
    freddyttt and justafew like this.
    09-25-2013 04:09 PM
    Updates seem pretty interesting. Not earth-shattering but interesting. Curious as to how they will increase battery life. Been happy with it so far, but hey, I'll take as much as I can get.
    09-25-2013 04:58 PM
    I want quick toggles so I can remove that app. I also want the battery percentage to show on my notification bar so I don't have to use Gsam which always doesn't properly cover the stock icon. Those are a couple features I'm looking for

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    09-25-2013 07:57 PM
    The slow updating is the only reason why I didn't buy the HTC One yet, really love this phone but I hate the no menu button and that it takes up screen space, I wonder how long it'll take them to bring 4.4 to the HTC One or if they will at all?
    Slow updating? This will be one of the few top phones with 4.3 by the end of the month, they were smart in skipping 4.2.2 to likely save even more time for the next couple of android updates and I don't understand how you're not seeing this. If you REALLY want a phone that updates fast go for the Nexus 5 when it comes out.
    09-26-2013 02:41 AM
    The american market, is not their main priority, nor is it Samsung's or LGS. Especially since the carriers here play havoc on system updates before releasing them. Taiwan is HTC's base of operations, they will always get the updates first. And that's why south Korean smartphone users get their updates first, as Samsung and lg are both headquartred in south Korea.

It really isn't that complicated to understand. If you wanted fast updates, either get a BLU phone or a nexus phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

And this is the big reason why HTC is where it's at with the North American market, if they keep that up companies like Motorola will over take them and HTC will be out of this market, and from my understanding their close to that happening. I think whats most frustrating is that HTC made a killer phone, it's the first Android phone that really can go toe to toe with the iPhone and their letting a silly thing like slow updates hold it back. HTC should be careful with how it treats its North American market their on their last legs here and a company like Motorola is putting its focus on the NA market and IMO they did a great job with the Moto X, there has never been a time in the past where I felt there was anything better or as good as the iPhone and this year with the HTC One and the Moto X has me thinking switch.

It's just disappointing to see such a nice and well built and thought out phone like the One has slow updates hold it back.
    09-26-2013 02:51 AM
    What I find more troublesome is the number of noobs who are just now figuring out that carrier branded phones = delayed updates. Seriously guys, this your first android carrier phone or something?

09-26-2013 06:44 AM
    What I find more troublesome is the number of noobs who are just now figuring out that carrier branded phones = delayed updates. Seriously guys, this your first android carrier phone or something?

Way to attack everyone who isn't happy about the delay.
    Ok I think what we aren't happy about is feeling like we are misled or lied to. If we aren't getting the update don't tell us we are. We have waited for 4.2 when the s4 launched with it and htc originally said that we would get that. Then we were told by the end of September and now low and behold that's not going to happen either.
    Does it affect performance or hinder me? No not really. But don't give out dates just to find out it doesn't happen.

09-26-2013 07:18 AM

All the visible stuff was in 4.2.2: Quick toggles in the notification shade, photosphere, menu button fix, battery %,etc. 4.3 almost all under the hood. On the Sense side of things though, there's more news sources for BlinkFeed, ability to auto-delete the images you don't keep in a Zoe, and customizable music for Highlights.
    09-26-2013 09:01 AM
    Way to attack everyone who isn't happy about the delay.
    Ok I think what we aren't happy about is feeling like we are misled or lied to. If we aren't getting the update don't tell us we are. We have waited for 4.2 when the s4 launched with it and htc originally said that we would get that. Then we were told by the end of September and now low and behold that's not going to happen either.
    Does it affect performance or hinder me? No not really. But don't give out dates just to find out it doesn't happen.

It's been like this with every single carrier branded OEM android phone for the last 3+ years. Every one of them. INCLUDING promising updates within a certain time and not meeting it. Nothing is different this time around from that. If people don't realize this then yes they are noobies, and if they aren't then they ought to know better than to believe things have changed.

09-26-2013 10:25 AM
    09-26-2013 02:34 PM

This is pretty standard for a lot of things...movies and video games come to mind. They said end of september and then said it may be a couple more weeks. From what i've seen the update doesn't fix the camera's low light problem so i'm not as anxious to get it anyway. At least HTC is keeping us somewhat updated.
    09-30-2013 04:10 PM
    You really have to take the estimated given dates of updates as such. Although its different i work construction and sometimes you are just not able (for whatever reason) to meet a deadline even with the best of intentions.

I think people push and push for updates but then when they're rushed and sometimes have issues. From my point i'd rather wait a bit longer and get a better product/update
    09-30-2013 04:17 PM
47 12