HTC One Android 4.3 update starts arriving in Taiwan ... WTF?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Who controls when updates are pushed to carrier branded devices (HTC or the carriers)? If not HTC then what's the fuss? It will come...

Posted via Android Central App

coldjeanz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm never ordering another HTC product again. We probably won't even get 4.4 at rate this is going

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
this is good news. not sure why you are upset.

they said it would be arriving by the end of this week, and seeing how it is being pushed to devices elsewhere is a very good sign.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm never ordering another HTC product again. We probably won't even get 4.4 at rate this is going

loooooooool The S4 and other top phones still haven't gotten 4.3 yet but you're here spouting nonsense. Even the G2, which just came out, still doesn't have 4.3.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure glad I don't have to wait for our carrier's or HTC to give me the 4.3! I was one of you, scampering about, depressed about not getting candy, when everyone else was!! I rooted, and BAM...I'm on 4.3!

Stop wasting good stress on them, and perform ROOT & ROM!!!

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure glad I don't have to wait for our carrier's or HTC to give me the 4.3! I was one of you, scampering about, depressed about not getting candy, when everyone else was!! I rooted, and BAM...I'm on 4.3!

Stop wasting good stress on them, and perform ROOT & ROM!!!

I'm too much of a cat's nickname (if you know what I mean) to do that.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm too much of a cat's nickname (if you know what I mean) to do that.

I was intimidated as well, and it literally took me 2 months of reading, videos and blogs to finally develop the courage to do it....AND I'M SO GLAD I DID!! In the end, it was sooooo easy, really!

Forgot to mention that an admin here, seen that I was on the edge of the cliff (root or no root) and he pushed me!! :-D

AGReklaw

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
When this round of updates reaches U.K. will HTC halt the updates and say, "For the Americas we are going to skip 4.3 and update y'all to 4.4 ...in 3 to 6 months." ?

While we're still sitting on 4.1.2...

Last edited:

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You're life isn't going to change when you get 4.3 my friend just a heads up

Sent from my HTC One

I think the point is that the new updates that didn't hit North America had some features in them that would make the phone better to use like using the HTC logo as the menu button over having to to lose screen space. HTC has kinda treat the North American market pretty **** poor from my understanding, look on their Facebook page of all the unhappy owners, apparently HTC doesn't even have a repair center here? I think a lot of the others Moto X and Samsung passed on 4.3 cause it was a very minor update but I believe both offer 4.2 and then 4.4 when available.