Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

I keep location access disabled to save battery. This is located under Settings/Location, and then there is "Access to my location", and the Location sources are "GPS Satellites" and "Google Wi-Fi & mobile network location." What I'd like to do is to have the "GPS Satellites" and "Google Wi-Fi and mobile network location" settings automatically enabled when I open Maps and then automatically disabled when I exit Maps. I tried a free app called Automateit, but it didn't work. I know of a paid app called Tasker. Will this do what I want? Any other suggestions?

clemson77on

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

I just got a One and I set Tasker to disable location access and enable it depending on my criteria. Tasker will do the job. Unfortunately, the phone will pop up a warning every time it toggles location access. It got to be annoying so I stopped using it. Location access just stays on now. I wish there was a way to disable the warning messages.

legaldeejay

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there any way to automatically enable/disable "Access to my location" when using Google Maps?

Well, I found out that it was Location Access being enabled which was causing the biggest drain on my battery. Keeping it disabled has greatly improved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36