HTC One - And it's finally live! 4.3 that is...

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: And it's finally live! 4.3 that is...

^^ I don't need to change my MID/CID, but thanks for the link.

I answered that because you asked me if I followed a tutorial when I said that I changed MID/CID.

You can search here or over at XDA for how to revert to stock so you can get the stock 4.3 update.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

So you cant separate the ringtone,text,notification volumes right now on stock carrier locked htc one's? Like right now im using a iphone 4S an theres only one volume for everything set together. I ordered the htc one an was hoping to adjust the ringtone an noifications from eachother. Unless im misunderstanding. Im confused....:confused:

Right now on a U.S. Based carrier, locked phone, the Ringtones and Notifications are locked together. Alarms and Music/Video are separate. He is saying that after the update Ringtones and Notifications are separated.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I answered that because you asked me if I followed a tutorial when I said that I changed MID/CID.

You can search here or over at XDA for how to revert to stock so you can get the stock 4.3 update.
Yup... I appreciate that. I was wondering about the second part of your post, so asked you for the procedure :) Thanks

drkfrc

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone encountered any issues with the update on the unlocked u.s version?
After download, the phone restarts, shows an error sign for a few seconds and then rolls back to 4.1.2 :(

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

I don't have an HTC One, but my Nexus 4 did the same thing. The update wouldn't install if the device was rooted. I discovered what I had to do was to run the Full unroot option in SuperSU. I think it basically removes SuperSU, which unroots the phone. After the OS update, it will need to be rerooted, however you accomplished that originally. You cannot simply reinstall SuperSU.

Yes but you still can't update with a custom recovery installed.

Sent from my HTC One

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

After months of checking for an update I was surprised to get one.

Upgrading now, see you later.

*Edit* I have the unlocked version.
Posted via Android Central App

I'm still waiting. Has anyone w AT&T received update yet?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

GabrielStorm

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

on at&t as of last night no update. haven't checked yet this morning (0530).
will when I am more fully awake.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

darn, that is a shame. i hoped the update would fix it as it doesn't strike me as a hardware issue but a software issue where the camera is trying to "add light" in a low light situation as opposed to just taking a normal picture.

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

So you cant separate the ringtone,text,notification volumes right now on stock carrier locked htc one's? Like right now im using a iphone 4S an theres only one volume for everything set together. I ordered the htc one an was hoping to adjust the ringtone an noifications from eachother. Unless im misunderstanding. Im confused....:confused:

You can. Same thing. Also, the volume will adjust whatever you're doing--playing media, it adjusts media volume. No app open? Does ringer.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This alone will make a huge difference in day-to-day usability. It's a pain having to exit out an app just to turn wifi on, turn gps on etc...

I agree that it will be nice once we get 4.3 but I have to ask ... you seriously have been going to your settings every time to turn things on and off? Go into the Play Store and use Power Toggles till we get the update (see below). It is a life saver...

No clue how you could stand even a day without it lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-27-13-49-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-27-13-49-55.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 86

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I agree that it will be nice once we get 4.3 but I have to ask ... you seriously have been going to your settings every time to turn things on and off? Go into the Play Store and use Power Toggles till we get the update (see below). It is a life saver...

No clue how you could stand even a day without it lol.

Ho...Ly.......****. I have been using power toggles for over a year and just set a home screen widget and left it. I NEVER realized you could do a notification bar widget. Sweet jeepers i'm a moron, but i'm glad I saw this post.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Ho...Ly.......****. I have been using power toggles for over a year and just set a home screen widget and left it. I NEVER realized you could do a notification bar widget. Sweet jeepers i'm a moron, but i'm glad I saw this post.

Aw man that sucks. I am glad that you're using it now.. It's awesome! :).

Just remember you can customize what buttons you want.. And don't want.. Color.. All that.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Android System has eaten a significant portion of my battery since the update. Currently at 82% usage by that app.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
im finding the battery is lasting more after the update.

Mine was about the same today if not a little worse. I'm going to keep a closer watch this weekend and see if it persist. If so I'll do a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol