HTC One - And it's finally live! 4.3 that is...

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
After months of checking for an update I was surprised to get one.

Upgrading now, see you later.

*Edit* I have the unlocked version.
Posted via Android Central App

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: And it's finally live! 4.3 that is...

Here you go...

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1380170749045.jpg
    1380170749045.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 281

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Here you go...

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Awesome! Is your One the unlocked International version or the Developer Edition?

I've been messing with a leak on the AT&T version and after a day and some change it definitely feels faster.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

Time to flash stock RUU for my US unlocked One. I changed my MID and CID to flash European RUU and get 4.2.2. a month ago.

I will go to the hassle again, but now I will have the proper radios/firmware from this OTA in my US unlocked model.

Thanks for letting us know that the roll out has started! :D

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
They finally separated the ring tone and notifications volumes. You have to uncheck a box that keeps them together in the volume settings, the one you get when you use the volume rocker.

Posted via Android Central App

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Did anyone notice that the changelog is different from the Taiwanese one?
There is no mention for camera changes.

Droidtology

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, i need some help. Have unlocked bootloader and am rooted. Installation of update aborts. How do i install? Or can you point me toward some resource(s) that will provide answer? Thanks.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, i need some help. Have unlocked bootloader and am rooted. Installation of update aborts. How do i install? Or can you point me toward some resource(s) that will provide answer? Thanks.

It's pretty easy. Restore the backup you should have made of your stock rom. Then flash stock Recovery. Then update. Flash custom.
Recovery. Backup.

If this doesn't make any sense let me know.

Sent from my HTC One

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

i understand you cannot update the firmware whilst rooted.

best if you wait for a confirmation from someone more knowledgeable about this matter but i am pretty sure you need to get rid of it before proceeding.

Droidtology

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

It's pretty easy. Restore the backup you should have made of your stock rom. Then flash stock Recovery. Then update. Flash custom.
Recovery. Backup.

If this doesn't make any sense let me know.

Sent from my HTC One

Thanks for the reply. I didn't make a backup of my stock ROM. I'll work on it and follow the steps you've outlined. I appreciate the assistance.

- - - Updated - - -

i understand you cannot update the firmware whilst rooted.

best if you wait for a confirmation from someone more knowledgeable about this matter but i am pretty sure you need to get rid of it before proceeding.

Thanks!

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

I don't have an HTC One, but my Nexus 4 did the same thing. The update wouldn't install if the device was rooted. I discovered what I had to do was to run the Full unroot option in SuperSU. I think it basically removes SuperSU, which unroots the phone. After the OS update, it will need to be rerooted, however you accomplished that originally. You cannot simply reinstall SuperSU.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513