Hi I have an international unlocked version of the HTC One bought in Canada, the thing is my phone is still on software 4.1.2 and even if I search manually for the update nothing comes up, now I should receive 4.3 but still nothing appears. Is there something wrong with my phone any ideas of solutions.

Thanks.
    09-27-2013 11:38 PM
    They typically roll OTA updates out in waves, so not everyone receives them at the exact same time. If I recall right, this started rolling out on the 25th. If you have not made any changes to your device (root, unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, etc) then it should arrive "soon" (meaning varies, sorry I can't be more specific).

On some devices you can try to force the update by clearing data and force stopping their Google Services Framework, however I have not heard if this works on the One and I do recall it creating some Play Store bugs (easily fixed, but still annoying) in recent months on other devices. So the trade off there might not be worth it.
    09-28-2013 12:20 AM
    Thanks for the answer! I understand that but I should have received 4.2.2 some months ago or not?
    09-28-2013 01:16 AM
    I think they started rolling it out to some devices, but then an exec in HTC said they were going to skip straight to 4.3 on most versions because 4.2.2 was too minor of an update.
    09-28-2013 01:23 AM
    Thanks for the answer! I understand that but I should have received 4.2.2 some months ago or not?
    only people in selected asian countries got 4.2.2 if i'm not mistaken.

for the rest of the world they skipped that version to go straight to 4.3
    09-28-2013 02:56 PM
    Patience padawan...
    09-28-2013 03:40 PM
    They typically roll OTA updates out in waves, so not everyone receives them at the exact same time. If I recall right, this started rolling out on the 25th. If you have not made any changes to your device (root, unlocked bootloader, custom recovery, etc) then it should arrive "soon" (meaning varies, sorry I can't be more specific).

On some devices you can try to force the update by clearing data and force stopping their Google Services Framework, however I have not heard if this works on the One and I do recall it creating some Play Store bugs (easily fixed, but still annoying) in recent months on other devices. So the trade off there might not be worth it.
    only people in selected asian countries got 4.2.2 if i'm not mistaken.

for the rest of the world they skipped that version to go straight to 4.3
    I bought my One a couple of days back. I'm located in Dubai, UAE, and got the 4.2.2 update as soon as I setup my phone. I just rooted my phone today, but left the ROM as it was .. no custom ROM installed. Would I still see an OTA update?

I know I can just install 4.3 after rooting, but I don't want to go through the hassle of backing everything up and then restoring it all again right now, so I'd rather wait for a couple of days..
    09-28-2013 04:16 PM
    I bought my One a couple of days back. I'm located in Dubai, UAE, and got the 4.2.2 update as soon as I setup my phone. I just rooted my phone today, but left the ROM as it was .. no custom ROM installed. Would I still see an OTA update?

I know I can just install 4.3 after rooting, but I don't want to go through the hassle of backing everything up and then restoring it all again right now, so I'd rather wait for a couple of days..
    you will see the OTA update.

if you will be able to install it is another matter

i am no expert in rooting but i read people advising others restore to initial settings for the update, otherwise the installation doesn't quite complete.
    09-28-2013 04:21 PM
    you will see the OTA update.

if you will be able to install it is another matter

i am no expert in rooting but i read people advising others restore to initial settings for the update, otherwise the installation doesn't quite complete.
    Damn! I'm better off just downloading and flashing the updated ROM then. Thanks!
    Aquila likes this.
    09-28-2013 04:30 PM
    HTC has already released the 4.3 RUU at their site. You will need to unlock the bootloader (I can't remember if a RUU can be installed with a locked bootloader) but after that you only run the RUU (EXE format) to install the update for Dev Edition or Unlocked models.

Here's the link.
    maneck35 likes this.
    09-28-2013 07:24 PM
    HTC has already released the 4.3 RUU at their site. You will need to unlock the bootloader (I can't remember if a RUU can be installed with a locked bootloader) but after that you only run the RUU (EXE format) to install the update for Dev Edition or Unlocked models.

Here's the link.
    Thanks! Yes I've unlocked the bootloader with the Token ID Method, installed a custom Recovery and rooted too.
    09-29-2013 02:29 AM
    No need to worry about it. Many HTC One owners didn't get the 4.2 update as well.

My One is unlocked too and I still didn't receive 4.3 on my phone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    09-29-2013 03:37 AM