Sorry if this is a dumb question. But I just downloaded an sms 5 second ringtone using my stock browser, How do I set it as my new sms&mms ringtone?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-30-2013 12:53 AM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question. But I just downloaded an sms 5 second ringtone using my stock browser, How do I set it as my new sms&mms ringtone?

go to settings - sound - ringtone and tap the plus icon in the top and select your new tone. As far as I am aware you can only do this for ringtones and not notifications. Failing that, if you know what your tone is you can always try using zedge on the play store and seeing if its available on that app?

You could also try putting the tone into your notifications folder in the internal memory? You will need some sort of file explorer for that like solid explorer trial version on the play store.
    09-30-2013 04:38 AM
    Yeah it won't let me use it for notifications, that's a bummer. I did download it off of zedge. There has to be some sort of way to use it as my sms & mms notifications tone.

09-30-2013 07:25 AM
    Yeah it won't let me use it for notifications, that's a bummer. I did download it off of zedge. There has to be some sort of way to use it as my sms & mms notifications tone.

Try placing it in your notification folder via a file explorer? It may appear in your notifications list?
    09-30-2013 08:21 AM
    Do what everyone had said and move it to the Notifications folder. Then open the sms app. Settings, Notifications, Notifications Sounds. Choose the sound you want.
    I also highly recommend Ringo Pro. It is a paid app but you choose tone, length of play, vibration pattern, LED (when available) and can set individual text tones and group tones.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    09-30-2013 09:15 AM
    So I need to download an app to transfer the ringtone to my notification folder? What's a good free app to do that? Thanks for helping me out guys

09-30-2013 09:55 AM
    So I need to download an app to transfer the ringtone to my notification folder? What's a good free app to do that? Thanks for helping me out guys

EsFile explorer

09-30-2013 10:08 AM
    Solid explorer...
    09-30-2013 10:39 AM
    Alright I don't know if I'm doing this right. But I just downloaded es file explorer and transfer the sms ringtone to the notifications folder. But when I go to settings, notifications and alarms, I STILL cant choose it. In fact it's not even an option to choose?

09-30-2013 07:55 PM
    Correction, I found the right place to put the ringtone. Went to "device, media, audio, notifications" tried to transfer the sms ringtone and now it says: open failed; EROFS (read only- file system). Wow this is confusing! All of this just to get a custom sms tone haha. Why couldn't HTC make it easy as setting your own custom ringtone for receiving calls?

09-30-2013 08:14 PM
    Really. Get Ringo Pro. It makes it soo much easier.

10-01-2013 01:15 AM
    I just downloaded zedge and applied a ringtone as a notification so I am not sure what your doing wrong? It can definitely be done, please try again.
    10-01-2013 06:34 AM
    Wow I am making this really difficult than it already is haha. I just downloaded zedge like you said, everything works fine now. I feel dumb how easy that was! Thanks guys

10-01-2013 03:41 PM
    Wow I am making this really difficult than it already is haha. I just downloaded zedge like you said, everything works fine now. I feel dumb how easy that was! Thanks guys

Don't worry about it, glad you got it working.
    10-01-2013 03:46 PM