Canada live with 4.3 update.

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing new in blinkfeed in terms of feeds in my opinion. No Google plus option in blinkfeed as well. NFC works now at least. haven't touched any of the settings yet but overall, not much for changes. Deal killer for me is that it won't let me import my outlook/exchange activesync contacts. Some reason they think they are facebook contacts, which they aren't. Besides 4.3 and a few other small things, its cool but was thinking there will be more, especially with blinkfeed. Also not impressed that they are forcing google music onto my phone when I don't use it at all, especially rubbing it in that I can't buy music from google play. Props to HTC but because of google apparent refusal and laziness to bring features (buy music) and devices (chromecast) in Canada as well as going to bring ads to mobile gmail, it's likely that i'm ditching android as a phone OS in the very near future.
Update, you can't uninstall google music either, just tried.

Quick update and a tip. I finally managed to get my contacts from my outlook.com/Hotmail account. What I had to do is export my contacts to a .csv file in google contacts. then go to my outlook.com/Hotmail account and delete the link I had between my outlook.com/Hotmail account and google. Imported the contacts then did some linking/cleanup of my contacts. I then re-set up my outlook.com account in settings on the htc one via Exchange ActiveSunc, let it actually sync, and all my contacts were there.

I can finally enjoy my HTC one again.

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Nothing new in blinkfeed in terms of feeds in my opinion. No Google plus option in blinkfeed as well. NFC works now at least. haven't touched any of the settings yet but overall, not much for changes. Deal killer for me is that it won't let me import my outlook/exchange activesync contacts. Some reason they think they are facebook contacts, which they aren't. Besides 4.3 and a few other small things, its cool but was thinking there will be more, especially with blinkfeed. Also not impressed that they are forcing google music onto my phone when I don't use it at all, especially rubbing it in that I can't buy music from google play. Props to HTC but because of google apparent refusal and laziness to bring features (buy music) and devices (chromecast) in Canada as well as going to bring ads to mobile gmail, it's likely that i'm ditching android as a phone OS in the very near future.
Update, you can't uninstall google music either, just tried.

Wait... In Canada we can't buy music from the play store? How do android users in Canada get all their music and audio books?

verpeiler

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
4.3 gives me ablsolutely nothing I can't have with what I've got now. First thing I did after getting my phone was have a friend root it, then I installed Android Revolution (basically Sense 5 with some enhancements like a battery percent indicator... a company in 2013 couldn't think to add this to the phone out of the box I guess) and then I downloaded Power Toggles, so I've had notification window toggles since then too... Not seeing what I need 4.3 for at all. I'm not updating anything until we can get Android 5.0.

Eh, sense has a battery indicator, what are you talking about? And I don't even have 4.3.

And there's no android 5 on the horizon... You're waiting for 4.4.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Eh, sense has a battery indicator, what are you talking about? And I don't even have 4.3.

And there's no android 5 on the horizon... You're waiting for 4.4.

No, I'm definitely waiting for 5, whenever it comes out, whether it's one month or six. :p I am not upgrading to an OS tied with a brand name marketing ploy, no matter how good it is supposed to be. If 5 does it too, I won't bother with it either.

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Soooo.... Us Canadians can't buy music from the play store on an Android like iTunes on iPhone? I just did a google search on this and it seems true! :( If this is true then this is a huge disappointment so much that I'm sticking with Apple, I was planning on buying the HTC One from Rogers tomorrow but if this is true then I'm not cause that's a way too big of an issue. Man I was so pumped to switch over to Android and buy a HTC One so pleassseee tell me it ain't so, if it is why would many Canadians buy an Android if you can't even buy music for it! I mean don't most people use their phones as a music player?

verpeiler

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I'm definitely waiting for 5, whenever it comes out, whether it's one month or six. :p I am not upgrading to an OS tied with a brand name marketing ploy, no matter how good it is supposed to be. If 5 does it too, I won't bother with it either.

Are you trolling? ;-)

4.4. or 5. Or 666 are just numbers..

verpeiler

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Soooo.... Us Canadians can't buy music from the play store on an Android like iTunes on iPhone? I just did a google search on this and it seems true! :( If this is true then this is a huge disappointment so much that I'm sticking with Apple, I was planning on buying the HTC One from Rogers tomorrow but if this is true then I'm not cause that's a way too big of an issue. Man I was so pumped to switch over to Android and buy a HTC One so pleassseee tell me it ain't so, if it is why would many Canadians buy an Android if you can't even buy music for it! I mean don't most people use their phones as a music player?

Then buy music @ iTunes or Amazon... What's the problem? I'll stick to iTunes because I can't stand Google music.

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Then buy music @ iTunes or Amazon... What's the problem? I'll stick to iTunes because I can't stand Google music.

Is there a iTunes app for Android? I didn't think Amazon has a music store in Canada? That would be great! I buy music from my phone I rarely.... Never use my computer anymore so if I understand right I have to buy and download it on my computer then it'll upload to the HTC One? That's a pain, if I can just download on the phone like I'm used to then I'm buying this phone! I never knew this was a problem for us Canadians, just super disappointed spent weeks researching android phones and comparing them, I just decide to buy the HTC One and on the eve of buying it I just find out I can't buy music for it? If this is true then I'm $650 richer, don't see a reason to upgrade from an iPhone 4 - iPhone 5s and if I can't buy music on the HTC One in Canada from the play store then it becomes a big issue for me cause that's how I like to do it. How are you guys buying music for your phones?

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Im just shocked people actually still buy music .!!

Buying albums is so ancient, I use a subscription service. As much music as I want for a set fee per month. If you buy one album at ?9.99 per month you can have 12 per year? If I pay ?9.99 per month for a subscription service I can have them 12 albums and as many more as I want... think about it?

JustABro

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I just search it on Google and download it for free.

Mah I prefer to pay the $1 and not have to worry about virus or poor quality and I don't really want to steal it. I guess for now Apple is the best choice, really wanted to switch over and give Android a run and love the HTC One but not being able to buy music on my phone is a huge set back, I don't want to put music on my phone like its 2001. Maybe... Hopefully on Oct 14 Google will announce Canada google music with its new software... Hopefully... Then I'll buy a Android, for now I'll stay with iPhone music is one of the main things for my phone top uses for my cell

Texting
Music
Internet
Apps

Phone calls

Pictures
Other

gankstar5

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. New to this forum. Got the One on Sunday and I'm loving it!

Does anyone know when Australia will get 4.3 update?

Thanks in advance.

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there a iTunes app for Android? I didn't think Amazon has a music store in Canada? That would be great! I buy music from my phone I rarely.... Never use my computer anymore so if I understand right I have to buy and download it on my computer then it'll upload to the HTC One? That's a pain, if I can just download on the phone like I'm used to then I'm buying this phone! I never knew this was a problem for us Canadians, just super disappointed spent weeks researching android phones and comparing them, I just decide to buy the HTC One and on the eve of buying it I just find out I can't buy music for it? If this is true then I'm $650 richer, don't see a reason to upgrade from an iPhone 4 - iPhone 5s and if I can't buy music on the HTC One in Canada from the play store then it becomes a big issue for me cause that's how I like to do it. How are you guys buying music for your phones?

You can always continue buying music from iTunes and then syncing them to the HTC One, there are a lot of apps in the Play Store that syncs iTunes music wirelessly, but because you don't want to use a computer you're complicating and making it harder for yourself :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Moody Jones

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone.

Just upgraded to 4.3.

Some issues im having is SYNCING facebook calender to my gmail isnt working .

Anyone have the same issue?

HAXSYNC seems to solve this for me, but i would much rather not use third party app for this.

Also, my battery has become ****.!

Full charge at 6am its 9 40 am now and my batter is at 55% and i havent even used bluetooth !

Thanks.

MJ