Car Charging HTC One?

ragingclue25

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello all this is my first post on this forum. I have been looking at the htc one for quite some time now and I have noticed people complaining about charging the One in the car. I would like to know if it really is a big issue using an app like Waze and listening to music while driving. I am coming from an iphone 4s which charges well while using gps and playing music. Thanks for any help

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
HTC disabled quick charge for this phone as it does not have an easily replaceable battery. I have not found an issue with using Play Music w/Bluetooth while driving. Make sure you have a good charger. Just don't expect it to top off battery while using juice.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I use the HTC car charger C200 for my One X. It provides an amperage of 1A on its USB output.
HTC sells also the car charger C300 with two 1A USB outputs.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use a Griffin dual usb charger from Walmart and an Amazon Basics cable. They're pretty darn sturdy for less than $6

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

curlyt1

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 4 I definitely was thrown for a loop when I noticed the htc one took an eternity to charge in the car. If I'm at 20% and use Bluetooth to stream music the battery will charge at 1%an hour or so. It's definitely a nuisance in the biginning but I've learnt to live with it.

In the end of the day each cellphone company is a give and take when it comes to convinces and features. I'd love to have a full keyboard blackberry again but without stating the obvious drawbacks I can't. :(

ragingclue25

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 4 I definitely was thrown for a loop when I noticed the htc one took an eternity to charge in the car. If I'm at 20% and use Bluetooth to stream music the battery will charge at 1%an hour or so. It's definitely a nuisance in the biginning but I've learnt to live with it.

In the end of the day each cellphone company is a give and take when it comes to convinces and features. I'd love to have a full keyboard blackberry again but without stating the obvious drawbacks I can't. :(

I know this is off topic but how was your transition from your iphone 4 to the htc one?

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
^^ Yeah... same here. I came from a 4S, and I don't mind the slow charging when at home, but the phone just doesn't charge when using GPS in the car. It's quite annoying.

curlyt1

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It was fairly simple, I've had all types of phones through out the years. The most annoying part for me the is the phone book, for some reason I have yet to master transferring that. I seem to have 3 different phone books that I always have to spend an hour combining everything. The phone book is a negative. The keyboard is a big positive with the swipe, I can type 3 times faster then on my iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12