still worth getting the One?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So,September has cone and gone and still no 4.3 update on att. Very dissapointing. But there saying mid october now, so I guess that's good?

Anyway,straight up guys,I have a upgrade available to be and I'm going to a att store today to pick up a new phone,and I'm between the S4 or HTC One.

Since the One (and so is the s4 for that matter) are about a half year old now,and with your experience using the phone,and HTC being flaky on OTA updates,would you still suggest this phone to someone over something like a S4?

shadow536

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I have no regrets with my purchase and I am not jealous of any other phones. The HTC One is getting the 4.3 update sooner than most of the competition. So, I think HTC is doing a pretty good job with updates so far. I love my phone.

fckeon

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
HTC one is by far the best phone available, same as above there is no new phone I'm jealous of

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
comparing the htc one to the S4 is an insult to the former.

and the 4.3 update WILL be released this month for AT&T. HTC has so far been doing a great job keeping their customers informed about what is going on with the update and have pretty much delivered. it is now up to AT&T.

on the other hand, samsung users are in the dark.

as for being a 6 months old phone, i wouldn't concern myself with it. it has (or will have in your case) the latest OS available, top specs and the best design yet. what more can you expect?

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the S4 also doesn't have the 4.3 update. So, if you're basing your decision around that, then the S4 isn't a better option.

I own both phones, and much prefer the One for to a better software experience, display, and the solid build (although there's nothing wrong with the S4 build, in my opinion).

Even though 6 months old at this stage, there aren't many android phones on the market that could claim to be better than either the One or S4.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
HTC one is by far the best phone available, same as above there is no new phone I'm jealous of

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The Note 3 is the best now, just a matter of how big of a phone you want

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
comparing the htc one to the S4 is an insult to the former.

and the 4.3 update WILL be released this month for AT&T. HTC has so far been doing a great job keeping their customers informed about what is going on with the update and have pretty much delivered. it is now up to AT&T.

on the other hand, samsung users are in the dark.

as for being a 6 months old phone, i wouldn't concern myself with it. it has (or will have in your case) the latest OS available, top specs and the best design yet. what more can you expect?

Samsung already confirmed the S4 is getting 4.3 some time this month :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
To reply to the OP. What phone are you currently using? Are you willing to keep that phone until next March/April when the next versions of the two phones are likely to come out.
Here's how I see it. If your priorities for a phone are battery, camera, storage and screen size, go for the S4. If your priorities are screen quality, speaker quality and build quality go for the One. I chose the former :)

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Just bought me another HTC One today, gave the other one to Daughter In Law. Still the best phone on the market.

rayporsche

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Well you must do your research and use whatever fits your needs and most important whatever makes you happy....I use a Z10 and the One which of course was seriously molested since day one, unlocked bootloader, S-OFF, rooted, bloatware removed and currently running android 4.3 sense 5 with a custom ROM and every possible tweak you can imagine to make it my own....You'll probably say that all that is a lot of modifications and whatnot but for me like a lot of people here, is it the only way to go. See the One is a fantastic device, second to none, imo way better that the iDevices in so many ways, if you can live with the non removable internal battery and the lack of and sdCard slot which can easily be resolved by plugging and external usb-sdCard and last but not least if you are looking for a really bada$$ sick fast device go for it, you won't be disappointed !!!!!

34jcdqv.jpg

Last edited:

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So,September has cone and gone and still no 4.3 update on att. Very dissapointing. But there saying mid october now, so I guess that's good?

Anyway,straight up guys,I have a upgrade available to be and I'm going to a att store today to pick up a new phone,and I'm between the S4 or HTC One.

Since the One (and so is the s4 for that matter) are about a half year old now,and with your experience using the phone,and HTC being flaky on OTA updates,would you still suggest this phone to someone over something like a S4?

HTC One has just one 3 awards including "phone of the year" and "gadget of the year". Well deserved, it's ace!
HTC One wins big at the T3 Awards | News | TechRadar

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Like others, I have no regrets with my One. I love the screen, the speakers, the software, the camera, the design and feel (when I'm not using a case) and just about everything else. Also, updates shouldn't be too much of a worry. HTC has been quite quick so far, with 4.3 already rolling out in some places.

The S4 is a great phone, but I really can't get past Touchwiz, so I chose the One. If you could possibly wait, and buy unlocked, then I'd recommend waiting for the Nexus 5. But your situation doesn't allow that, so I strongly recommend the One :)

Tom

PS: What do you look for in a phone?

Sent from my awesome HTC One :-D

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
OP, I know you from Tested, don't I. Same name.

Anyway, just got my one on Tuesday. Love it. No regrets. Contemplated both the S4 and the LG G2, but both had too much bloat and I fell in love with the design and build of the HTC one. Just get it. Something new and different (and sometimes measurably better) will always be around the corner, so you might as well just get the best device you can when you can, and be happy with it until you can afford to get a new one/have an upgrade. It's just the nature of the mobile world.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So I went with the HTC ONE. So far,I'm loving it. The screen is great,the speakers are boss,and the phone is fast. Now I just hope they do push out 4.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge