Ear Buds w/ In-Line Mic

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for a decent and fairly cheap (about $15 + S&H) pair of ear buds that have an in-line mic for making and receiving calls. I am leaning toward Skull Candy because I think they are a decent brand and some models fall into my price-point on Amazon and eBay but I want to be sure they will work properly w/ the HTC One. Does anyone have a pair of Skull Candy buds w/ an in-line mic that they use w/ their HTC One? Here are some of the models I am considering and I was about to pull the trigger but one of the eBay descriptions kinda scared me out of it cuz it makes it sound like the product will def work w/ an iPhone but other smartphones are a crap shoot.

Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds with In-Line Microphone S2INBI-UB (Blue/Black) (Old Version)
Skullcandy INK'D Ear Buds with In-Line Microphone and Control Switch S2INDY-033 (Black/Black)
Skullcandy Fix Bud In Line Mic 3 Earbuds - You Choose From Three Colors

I know ear buds w/ an in-line mic are very old technology but I absolutely hate Bluetooth earpieces. With the miked buds I like the sound I receive on my end of the call and I hold the mic close to my mouth when I am speaking so the person on the other end can hear me loud 'n clear as well but like I said I don't want to purchase a pair that doesn't utilize it's full potential because of the phone they are being paired with.

So, does anyone have any experience using any of the Skull Candy models I linked to w/ their One and how do they work? If not can anyone recommend another brand and model they have had a positive experience with that won't break the bank? Thanks ;)

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for a decent and fairly cheap (about $15 + S&H) pair of ear buds that have an in-line mic for making and receiving calls. I am leaning toward Skull Candy because I think they are a decent brand and some models fall into my price-point on Amazon and eBay but I want to be sure they will work properly w/ the HTC One. Does anyone have a pair of Skull Candy buds w/ an in-line mic that they use w/ their HTC One? Here are some of the models I am considering and I was about to pull the trigger but one of the eBay descriptions kinda scared me out of it cuz it makes it sound like the product will def work w/ an iPhone but other smartphones are a crap shoot.

Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds with In-Line Microphone S2INBI-UB (Blue/Black) (Old Version)
Skullcandy INK'D Ear Buds with In-Line Microphone and Control Switch S2INDY-033 (Black/Black)
Skullcandy Fix Bud In Line Mic 3 Earbuds - You Choose From Three Colors

I know ear buds w/ an in-line mic are very old technology but I absolutely hate Bluetooth earpieces. With the miked buds I like the sound I receive on my end of the call and I hold the mic close to my mouth when I am speaking so the person on the other end can hear me loud 'n clear as well but like I said I don't want to purchase a pair that doesn't utilize it's full potential because of the phone they are being paired with.

So, does anyone have any experience using any of the Skull Candy models I linked to w/ their One and how do they work? If not can anyone recommend another brand and model they have had a positive experience with that won't break the bank? Thanks ;)

I have some skull candy over the ear headphones. and the mic works... but the buttons dont.
I was just talking about this. there are some differences with ear buds. My friends iPhone is using my samsung ear buds, but the buttons dont work,
Yet the skull candy ones work for him and not me.
Im not sure what the difference is. but I dont think skull candy develops for "android" only iPhone. (which is super lame)
I believe people reported that beats work better with androids.
Good luck

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
SOL Republic makes some that have an android cord, think they are around $30 on Amazon.

Posted via Android Central App

RicM211

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried those SOL Republic ones, though I am a fan of theirs, 30 dollars was too much to pay for them, I returned them. Honestly, I have some good overear headphones but only like using them when I'm home, so I just needed a decent pair Amazon.com: HTC Flat Cable Wired Headset - White [Electronics]: Cell Phones & Accessories and they were about 4 dollars with 2 day shipping. I like them and they nicely match my phone. The up/down buttons work when you use an app, slightly annoying.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried those SOL Republic ones, though I am a fan of theirs, 30 dollars was too much to pay for them, I returned them. Honestly, I have some good overear headphones but only like using them when I'm home, so I just needed a decent pair Amazon.com: HTC Flat Cable Wired Headset - White [Electronics]: Cell Phones & Accessories and they were about 4 dollars with 2 day shipping. I like them and they nicely match my phone. The up/down buttons work when you use an app, slightly annoying.

Honestly that pair you linked to would have perfect but I personally hate white. I have the black HTC One so white would have just clashed too much IMO, however the link you posted brought me to some other models I had not seen before.

I just purchased these Gogroove ear buds w/ in-line mic for 3 reasons:

1) In the description it says they will work specifically w/ the HTC One.
2) They are black.
3) They were right in my price-point range even w/ S&H included.

Hopefully they work well. I was not looking for a great pair of ear buds w/ an in-line mic considering I only wanted to spend $15-$20. I set my expectations realistically based on price so as long as these perform in the OK-to-decent range I'll be happy. If they turn out to be what I consider good or even better than that is just icing on the cake for me. Thanks again...I prolly would not have come across these if you didn't put that link in your post ;) I'll report back on how they work. If I am not happy I'll return them and prolly spring for the $30 and get the SOL Republic pair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20