Not ONE specific but HTC posts $101 million loss?

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this but then I start looking at the largest mobile provider in the US and I smell a rat.

I think Verizon contributed a lot to this by dragging their feet releasing the ONE so late. I'm sure I'm not exaggerating when I say many thousands of people bought the Samsung S4 because they got tired of waiting. I'm not an industry expert nor am I privy to the backroom deals that go on in the smart phone wars but Verizon's "failure to launch" doubtless hurt overall sales of the ONE.

I got so sick of waiting and then being faced with full retail price to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan with Verizon that I finally got fed up with their bullying and jumped ship to AT&T. This was a change I did not take lightly but Verizon certainly care until I was gone and my $2,500 a year payments went with me. Now they want to know "what can we do to get you back?" LOL! Maybe you should have kept me satisfied when I tried to negotiate a deal to get this phone and keep my data in the first place.

Oh well, back on topic. Verizon is weird about their relationship with HTC and I really don't know why. Exhibit A your honor, the DNA, which is a good phone in its own right but was totally dictated to HTC by Verizon and released nowhere else. HTC had no choice but to produce an "exclusive" phone for Verizon which must have cost them a fortune only to see Verizon sit on their release of the ONE for 6 months while Samsung and even LG racked up sales at their expense while Verizon dumped DNAs for a penny a pop.

If I was an executive of HTC I'd kick the CEO of Verizon square in the pants, in public, and personally post it on YouTube. I bet HTC sales would skyrocket. You don't see Verizon pushing Samsung or iPhone around like this.

Hmmmm. Your edit has literally changed lucid comments into clipped statements that make no sense. I guess this is another site I won't bother to post comments on in the future. Case in point, a copy and paste from AC's "editing".

"This was a change I did not take lightly but Verizon certainly care until I was gone" This is no longer a complete sentence and makes me look like an incoherent moron rather than just leave the lingua franca alone that every 3rd grader and above sings along to on their rap songs. Come on AC, at least if your going to censor me make it believable.

Last edited:

htconelover136

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you.
I have a feeling HTC's brand name is not going to last very long considering their current state in the market.
They have the capability of producing great phones but financially they are stuck.
I heard they have to fork over a lot of money to Nokia for infringing some of their patents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke