HTC One - Which apps do disable?

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Htc One from At&t which has bloatware an tends to run in the background,not all but maybe one or two. Im going to disable all At&t bloatware since im not going to be using it. My question is what are other apps should i disable that run in the background or that drain down the battery? Theres a bunch of different ones when i go into settings,storage and then all apps. Im not familiar with alot of them since its my first android phone so im fairly new. I only text,browse the web,phone calls,take pics. I dont have any apps from the play store an i dont play games. I'll be rooting/flashing once i get more use to the software an android itself. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can disable whatever apps give you the option. Not that I would go doing just that but the device/OS will basically talk to you if you disable something that causes issue with something else. You will get a FC " force closed " or some other error all the sudden. So best thing is to disable things slowly, 1 or 2 at a time so you can monitor the effects making any troubleshooting easy.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You can disable whatever apps give you the option. Not that I would go doing just that but the device/OS will basically talk to you if you disable something that causes issue with something else. You will get a FC " force closed " or some other error all the sudden. So best thing is to disable things slowly, 1 or 2 at a time so you can monitor the effects making any troubleshooting easy.

Ok cool thanks for the tip! With so many apps shown i had no clue what to disable or what was what an was afraid i would mess something up somehow like disabling something that the software needs to be up and running smoothly.

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, can i save contacts to the sim card on the One? Its a new sim so theres none on it at all but when i go to add a contact to the One it asks- To the phone or To the sim. Which option should i select? When i had the iphone 4S i wasnt able to save them to the sim, just to the iphone itself. Any clue anyone?

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, can i save contacts to the sim card on the One? Its a new sim so theres none on it at all but when i go to add a contact to the One it asks- To the phone or To the sim. Which option should i select? When i had the iphone 4S i wasnt able to save them to the sim, just to the iphone itself. Any clue anyone?

You can save numbers to the sim using the way you just described

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
You can disable all the att stuff that you can and it won't cause problems, no?

Why the hell can't I delete Facebook and the yellow pages app Btw? Same with tune in radio. All I can do is disable.

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok cool thanks hatchex! Also if i do a hard reset will the contacts still remain in the sim so i can just import from the sim (if theres a way) or id have to reimport?

When you go into the contacts app. Go to the settings where it chooses where all your contacts will come from (e.g. SIM, phone, etc) there you can export and impirt contacts to your SIM, internal mem, or online accounts ( you can choose them all but it could duplicate contacts). Contacts not stored in the phone (sim is okay) will still be there (after you set the online accounts like gmail again and import from SIM) after a complete wipe. Sorry for the long post

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You can disable all the att stuff that you can and it won't cause problems, no?

Why the hell can't I delete Facebook and the yellow pages app Btw? Same with tune in radio. All I can do is disable.

Disabling apps is sort of like deleting them but it can still take up space on your system. But they won't show up anymore. And whatever you can disable it should be alright to disable. I remember reading something on the forums that said you should disable a couple apps at a time then keep going just in case something goes amiss

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately OEMs make it so the bloatware is installed to /system or /data level of the device which requires root to delete them.

Disabling is your only option.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis