How much would a dropped One sell for?

Flake#AC

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been meaning to sell my HTC One for a while, but unfortunately in the meantime I dropped it onto the sidewalk today. The fall took out a bit of the aluminum in one corner, and the back has several other marks in it now as well. I had been thinking of an asking price of $450-500 because the phone had been perfect up until then...how much would it be worth now? 200, 300? The screen is still fine, and I've also removed the Beats logo.

Attachments

• Photo on 10-6-13 at 11.16 PM.jpg
    Photo on 10-6-13 at 11.16 PM.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 178

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That ding is death. What carrier, storage, root or not, unlocked or not? Original box and accessories? Receipt?
These silk affect the price you can get.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

Jron954

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Good luck getting $100 for that. 1 of the main attractions of the one is it's design/build quality and that's gone out the window

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Good luck getting $100 for that. 1 of the main attractions of the one is it's design/build quality and that's gone out the window

Posted via Android Central App

But for a person that wants a kick @ss phone that puts a case on it, will be worth it's weight in gold depending on what he's gonna sell it for. As for a trade in, it won't be worth squat. I for one, if he were to sell it for 200 bucks and he ships the phone (and there's no other damage to the phone) I'd buy it.

Flake#AC

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That ding is death. What carrier, storage, root or not, unlocked or not? Original box and accessories? Receipt?
These silk affect the price you can get.

It's just a 32gb unlocked model, I'm using it with T-Mobile, it's not rooted. I still have its box, and all the accessories except the USB cable and charger are unopened. No damage anywhere on the front, just the smaller dings on the back and that corner...it's as I thought, one fall took $300 out of its value.

lopey986

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
eh, honestly i'd still list it for like 400. maybe buy a case off amazon to throw in and pay for shipping. some people won't mind the ding if it means they get it without subsidizing via carrier. the htc one is going for 600 off contract on amazon, asking 400 isn't unreasonable even with the ding. and if you don't get any offers, just keep dropping the price. never ever list anything at the low price you are willing to go, always start high and work your way down.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If the rest of the phone works perfectly and you still got the box I think $250-$300 would be reasonable to the right person. And again I stretch the "to the right person". If you wanna move it fast then cut it in half. Some people only care about the screen anyways.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
One ding doesn't kill the resale. Sure it took some off but as stated someone who will put a case on it anyway will still give you 250-300.

Sent from my White Moto X

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
If I were in the market for a phone, I would probably pass on it. I would be afraid it was damaged. Your best bet is selling it to a friend or family member. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I would purchase it for no more than 350 were I in the market. Anything higher would be pushing it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie