Just updated to 4.3.. What's new other then the quick settings in the notification center? Does anyone have a list or something?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2013 08:43 PM
    Top of my head the Menu Button, Scan Playback on Music Channel...that's all I remember.
    10-08-2013 08:54 PM
    Android daydream if you're coming from 4.1.2. (btw you can two-finger swipe the notification bar down to get to quick settings faster). Umm..battery percentage...you can also change what the home button does in Gestures setting..
    And this stuff:
    10-08-2013 09:13 PM
    As far as Android specific changes, you can see them here: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

A lot of the stuff on that page applies to all Jelly Bean versions though (4.1 - 4.3). There were not a lot of user facing changes from 4.1.2 to 4.3 really.

As far as HTC specific changes, other than what's already been mentioned: the option to add Instagram to Blink Feed, the option to have separate ring tone and notification volumes, a new lock screen type (widget), some new Zoe stuff... That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Also, links to addresses in the stock contacts and dialer apps work again with Google Maps.

10-08-2013 09:17 PM
    What is this n looking thing at the top where the notification bar is?

10-08-2013 11:14 PM
    What is this n looking thing at the top where the notification bar is?

NFC most likely. If you want it turned off, go to settings-> ...More -> NFC and uncheck the box
    10-08-2013 11:29 PM
    Alright thank you very much

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    10-09-2013 01:26 AM
    You can finally show the battery life %! Unfortunately, it shows up to the left of the battery icon in the status bar rather than in it.
    10-09-2013 09:50 AM
    You can finally show the battery life %! Unfortunately, it shows up to the left of the battery icon in the status bar rather than in it.
    Can the battery percentage be enabled in nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-09-2013 04:47 PM
    A bunch of little bugs. That's what's new in 4.3.....
    10-09-2013 04:48 PM
    One thing that is new but very annoying is how blinkfeed shows up on the running apps now whenever I have an article open and double tap the home button. This is VERY annoying.
    mugenlude19 likes this.
    10-09-2013 07:44 PM
    Such as?

10-09-2013 08:31 PM
    Such as?

Notification bar turns silver/grey for a second when going from lock screen to home.

Contact pictures in messaging app randomly disappear. They come back after exiting the app and re-entering or a reboot.

Proximity sensor : More often than not, when pulling the phone away from my face it takes a few seconds (and sometimes not at all) for the screen to come back on.

All these worked flawlessly before the 4.3 update and yes, before anyone asks, I have done a factory reset....twice.

AFWIW......GOOGLE......

Changing the signal bars from showing cellular strength to data strength is the craziest p00P tube I think you have ever come up with. I need to know I have cellular signal BEFORE I make a call, not after (or during) the call. Some of need it to be a PHONE FIRST!! Data and everything else a close second.

/end rant
    Lookin for Clues likes this.
    10-10-2013 04:14 AM

As far as HTC specific changes, other than what's already been mentioned: the option to add Instagram to Blink Feed, the option to have separate ring tone and notification volumes, a new lock screen type (widget), some new Zoe stuff... That's about all I can think of at the moment.

Also, links to addresses in the stock contacts and dialer apps work again with Google Maps.

How do you change the Notification volume separately? I still see it combined with the Ringtone volume.
    10-10-2013 01:25 PM
    How do you change the Notification volume separately? I still see it combined with the Ringtone volume.
    If you press one of the volume buttons while at a home screen (or any app that allows access to the ring tone volume really) and press the gear icon, you should see a check mark below the alarms volume that enables a separate notification volume slider.

Like so:

LedZappa likes this.
    10-10-2013 03:52 PM
    Worked! Thanks!
    10-10-2013 05:04 PM
    Where do you see the battery %?

10-10-2013 06:35 PM
    Settings > Power > Show battery level (checkbox)
    10-10-2013 06:47 PM
    Settings > Power > Show battery level (checkbox)
    Thanks. I wish it'd show on top of the battery icon :-/

10-10-2013 07:25 PM
    The ability to change the apps in your dock from your home screen is nice. I still am not satisfied with the volume settings though. I want to have calls on vibrate and notifications at a low volume but I don't think this is possible.
    10-10-2013 11:07 PM
    AT&T really went all out with the bloatware. It's disgusting. They ruined an amazing phone. That's the last time I buy a carrier branded device.
    10-11-2013 01:02 AM
    AT&T really went all out with the bloatware. It's disgusting. They ruined an amazing phone. That's the last time I buy a carrier branded device.
    All you have to do is disable all their apps. Problem solved.
    10-11-2013 09:11 AM
    I read somewhere, that this update was suppose to help improve battery life.... well I'm not seeing it. I've been up about 75 minutes & I'm already down to 85%. Dropping 15% and I've not done anything diff than any other morning. ie texting, a little bit off surfing, but haven't even got on Facebook yet.
    Do I need to go in & re-tweak anything? Plz help!

TIA!

Sent from Xsie's sexy HTC One
    10-11-2013 10:37 AM
    Notification bar turns silver/grey for a second when going from lock screen to home.

Contact pictures in messaging app randomly disappear. They come back after exiting the app and re-entering or a reboot.

Proximity sensor : More often than not, when pulling the phone away from my face it takes a few seconds (and sometimes not at all) for the screen to come back on.

All these worked flawlessly before the 4.3 update and yes, before anyone asks, I have done a factory reset....twice.

AFWIW......GOOGLE......

Changing the signal bars from showing cellular strength to data strength is the craziest p00P tube I think you have ever come up with. I need to know I have cellular signal BEFORE I make a call, not after (or during) the call. Some of need it to be a PHONE FIRST!! Data and everything else a close second.

/end rant
    The status bar glitch was there with 4.1 also. Just use an alternate launcher instead of sense and it goes away.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    10-11-2013 01:41 PM
    now that we can use widgets on the lockscreen, if i choose a clock widget like dashclock for example, how do i remove the stock clock from my lockscreen?? thanks
    10-14-2013 05:54 PM