Get HTC One or wait?

dsperg

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, first post around here so be gentle ;)

I've currently got a Galaxy Nexus that I love, but the old girl is starting to show her age...I'm thinking it's time for a refresher.

To start off I just want to say I'm absolutely in love with the One. I love the aluminum aesthetic, smaller form factor, and happen to be a big fan of the Sense UI (Incredible was my first smartphone). My only concern is the specs. While obviously superior to my GNex, I'm worried that within 3-6 months something newer/better/shinier will come out making me want to kick myself for not waiting.

Of course, this is our eternal dilemma as gadget-lovers so I understand that at some point I'll have to bite the bullet (probably later today at the verizon store lol). But I'm just curious, those of you that have the One, if you were in my position, would you still get your One or wait it out?

Thanks all :)

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
of course something with better specs will come out in the next 3-6 months.

there are already phones with better specs than the htc one now as it were.

the question is whether the htc one is fit for you now. personally i think its a very capable phone as it is with the best built quality.

you could wait for the next htc flagship phone to release early next year but that would also entail not enjoying the htc one for the next 4 months at least. personally, i would get it now since its still a top-of-the-line phone and i don't really mind about having the "latest and greatest". in the technology world, you'll have to update your phone every 3 or 4 months anyway if that is what you seek.

NoPrivacy

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't mean to fall in love, but I did. All of a sudden I use my phone to watch videos with those wonderful speakers. And for speakerphone conferences, it can't be beat (I use mine for work).

I usually perfer vanilla Android, being a Nexus 7 user and usually a Motorola buyer, but Sense ... makes sense. I'm already used to the nuances.

That all being said, what do we need better specs for? Check out how awesome the new Motorola's work with "last year's" processors.

Until Google pushes an OS update that forces me to upgrade, I think I'll be happy with the HTC One until the battery refuses to charge anymore.

dsperg

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Man...you guys are making quite a strong case lol.

Heading to the Verizon store in an hour to pull the trigger! Will report back with my thoughts :)

Thanks all for the advice.

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't want! Get the HTC One today!! You will be happy you did. I haven't seen a handset that beats it yet.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine one full week now. (BlackBerry 10 and iPhone 4s before) and love it.

Still learning especially the camara but overall it is as quick as my other phones, keyboard way better than iPhone and size just makes me happy.

Posted via Android Central App

justinlee

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine one full week now. (BlackBerry 10 and iPhone 4s before) and love it.

Still learning especially the camara but overall it is as quick as my other phones, keyboard way better than iPhone and size just makes me happy.

Posted via Android Central App

It is an amazing phone isn't it. I don't get why people rave about iPhones as they really are nothing special at all. As for BlackBerry 10 hmmm forget it. HTC One all the way :)

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Get the ONE. It is truly one of a kind(no pun intended). The specs are more than powerful especially since the software is much better optimized compared to other Android manufacturers. Even on devices coming out over the next few months, they won't offer an all aluminum body, or front facing speakers etc.
Also if you like stock android, just flash one of the Google Play Edition roms and you will have the most recent versions of Android for some time to come.

Berry_Pink

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
if you get the one HTC marketed to china (its official from HTC not a knockoff) you can expand your storage with a micro sd card so youll have the internal 32gb and a 64gb micro sd card, im getting the 802w htc one model but you might want to check the network band compatibility against your carrier as there are 3 chinese models with different bands. the chinese model also comes prerooted and with an unlocked bootloader so youre free to get rid of sense and flash stock right away if you prefer it.

i heard the next htc one coming out next year has 3gb of ram and a faster processor so its up to you if you want to wait or buy outright now, i would buy the one now and then just sell it on ebay when the new one comes out personally

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
seriously better specs mean nothing. a fraction of a second faster. a tad smoother.... the one is fast enough(imho)and smooth enough(imho). my only reason to wait would be for the next one which who knows when thats coming out... and not for specs but better camera better zoe highlites and better louder speakers...+ more-!

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It is an amazing phone isn't it. I don't get why people rave about iPhones as they really are nothing special at all. As for BlackBerry 10 hmmm forget it. HTC One all the way :)

lol! the Blackbery Z10 is awesome justinlee! just no apps :( but the new BB10 OS is a beauty!

DraeHD

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I say it's a great choice / decision to purchase the HTC One, I purchased mine a little over a week ago and I love it more than any device I have.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk now Free

dsperg

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I DID IT! Went to the Verizon store on my lunch break and came back with a brand new phone! Thanks everyone for giving your thoughts and opinions, it was really helpful.

How do I like it so far? LOVING IT. It's just a straight up gorgeous phone and I'm really enjoying the UI so far.

So thanks again for everyone's help! Now let's all enjoy our phones together haha

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I DID IT! Went to the Verizon store on my lunch break and came back with a brand new phone! Thanks everyone for giving your thoughts and opinions, it was really helpful.

How do I like it so far? LOVING IT. It's just a straight up gorgeous phone and I'm really enjoying the UI so far.

So thanks again for everyone's help! Now let's all enjoy our phones together haha

great! congratulations.

which colour did you get?