Htc One camera is pushing me away from keeping it...

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Soooooo im really considering on returning my One because of the camera's purple tint that happens in low light an even in pitch dark. I got good pics when there was plenty of light which had me satisfied. But when it came to low light even setting it at 100 iso instead of auto,the purple an sometimes red appears. I love the phone alot an is my first android experience but for Htc to put out a camera that is made for low light an doesnt live up to it,makes me fall out of love for the One. I know theres been reports about this issue from many many users all over an Htc said it would be fixed which im not too convinced a software update will fix it. I could go swap out with at&t an maybe ill get a camera that works perfectly with no purple haze but then i may get some other issue with the One or get the same camera issue everytime (like many have experienced) because its faulty. Has anybody had any luck with getting rid of the purple BS?

When Monday comes around i may be departing from this wonderful phone an go back to my plain iphone 4S until something catches my attention again :(

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Soooooo im really considering on returning my One because of the camera's purple tint that happens in low light an even in pitch dark. I got good pics when there was plenty of light which had me satisfied. But when it came to low light even setting it at 100 iso instead of auto,the purple an sometimes red appears. I love the phone alot an is my first android experience but for Htc to put out a camera that is made for low light an doesnt live up to it,makes me fall out of love for the One. I know theres been reports about this issue from many many users all over an Htc said it would be fixed which im not too convinced a software update will fix it. I could go swap out with at&t an maybe ill get a camera that works perfectly with no purple haze but then i may get some other issue with the One or get the same camera issue everytime (like many have experienced) because its faulty. Has anybody had any luck with getting rid of the purple BS?

When Monday comes around i may be departing from this wonderful phone an go back to my plain iphone 4S until something catches my attention again :(

I would suggest at least trying an exchange if you really want to keep the phone. Mine doesn't have that issue, nor any others to speak of. Fantastic device and excellent build quality.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

SouthTex

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest at least trying an exchange if you really want to keep the phone. Mine doesn't have that issue, nor any others to speak of. Fantastic device and excellent build quality.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah im going to exchange it tomorrow or monday an ''hopefully'' i get a better camera in the 2nd One. If not then im sure ill be moving on without this badass device. Yes i love the build quality as well an android was a breathe of fresh air in a long time for me! Crossing fingers the 2nd One (replacement) is not faulty...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc