10-14-2017 11:51 AM
87 1234
tools
    My wifi has not been able to connect for the past 2 weeks,Ihave reset my phone several times but wont connect.What should I do HTC?
    02-25-2014 12:51 PM
    What fixed my HTC One was changing the encryption method of my wireless router for WPA-PSK from AES to TPIK. I discovered this was the issue by turning off the security on my router...the HTC One connected immediately. I then turned on the WPA-PSK with AES encryption and I received the same issue...the phone kept trying to authenticate over and over again as if a wrong password was supplied. Because I knew the password was 100% correct (all other devices in my house were connected and operating correctly with the same password), I figured it was the security (in this case the encryption type) that was keeping the phone from connecting. NOTE: I have an ancient Belkin router (Mode: F5D7230-4). Good Luck! I hope this helps.
    Mike121572 and Michael3450 like this.
    02-28-2014 07:49 PM
    Wow - I'd being trying all sorts of things, but the Rename Device trick worked like a charm. Well done to the folks who posted the solution.

Was the problem caused by the recent software update?
    03-05-2014 10:56 AM
    I've had Wifi issues with my One (esp at my house) since 4.3, got worse with 4.4 too the point I couldn't take it. Decided to search, found your fix and applied exactly to my One, working perfectly now going on 3 days solid, not One (pun intended) issue thus far. Thanks.

I had the same issues right after I updated my HTC One to 4.3 not connecting to wifi. I ended up calling HTC tech support and this is what they had me do and it seemed to work.

Go to Settings>Wifi>Advance (top right)>Wifi Frequency band and select 2.4 HGz only.

1. Hold power button and shut down phone.
    2. Once the phone is shut down, hold the volume down button then press power button for approx. 3 seconds and let go.
    3. You will see a white screen, using the volume buttons for up/down and power to select: scroll to Recovery and press power. The screen should be black.
    4. Now press the volume up then power button for approx. 3 seconds and you should see a black screen with blue lettering and a red triangle in the center.
    5. Scroll down using the volume down and select Wipe Cache Partition. At the bottom will say Cache wipe complete in yellow.
    6. Press power button selecting Reboot System Now. Phone will reboot and should be working. Try to connect to wifi.

Hope this works, if not then call HTC using a different phone to troubleshoot.
    03-05-2014 06:36 PM
    worked perfect
    03-06-2014 10:12 AM
    hey it did work for me thank you
    03-08-2014 07:38 PM
    A generally fix to wifi connectivity issues, is a strict power cycle. First, touch and hold your connection on your phone, and tap: "forget network". Next, turn off the wifi setting on your phone, and then power down your phone completely. Next, unplug your router from the power source, and wait for it to completely shut down. Afterwards, plug your router back in and wait for the Internet and power lights to be on and solid. Then go back and power on your phone, turn on your wifi, and connect again. (*It would also be a good idea to rename the phone too, in this case, but before trying to connect again).
    03-09-2014 03:40 AM
    I have been living with this problem for good two months and did not find a solution. i could connect to all wifi except the one at home. but this worked magically for me. thanks a ton for this. but i am amused how such a thing could create trouble connecting to a specific wifi
    Try this

WiFi - then 3 dots - WiFi Direct - 3 dots - Rename Device - HTC One.

Magically connected!
    03-09-2014 09:08 AM
    Thank you! You, Sir, are a bloody life-saver. May the gods shine upon you and ensure that you have nothing but health, wealth and happiness for the rest of your days.
    03-09-2014 12:19 PM
    I had the same issue with wifi and when i renamed it worked just fine! Thank you guys!!!
    03-11-2014 06:02 PM
    this worked great! thanks.
    03-14-2014 03:44 AM
    This worked for me android 4.2.2 your a star pal
    03-19-2014 07:29 AM
    I have issue that my HTC One S is some time connected with WiFi and some time automatically disconnected and never connected again.
    When i restart it is trying again again six to seven times and then get start ' screen shown six to seven time "HTC quietly brilliant" .
    Ooop! is this HTC Quietly Brilliant.
    03-19-2014 10:36 AM
    Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!
    03-22-2014 12:22 AM
    My WiFi connects. I can use the internet no problems. It's fast. However, anything to do with video or tv such as you tube, facebook short videos or netflix. It does not want to keep playing. It buffers every .5- 9.seconds. My husband and I each just got these.5 days ago and we are ready to take it back. I like every thing but it this. My WiFi works fine on my iPad and my husbands android tablet. So I know that isn't the problem. I renamed it and put it at .2.5 ghz but still the same Please any suggestions?
    03-23-2014 10:35 PM
    I have the same issue.. It is really starting to frustrate me because when the Wifi doesn't connect and I don't notice it I bust my damn data usage and have to pay extra fees for it. Liked my HTC before I updated it, now it's just full of problems and my battery life is terrible.
    03-25-2014 03:15 PM
    Was having the same issue for a few weeks now. Decided to hit up the HTC web page and send an email to tech support, but, I came across this gem instead. Silly me, should have thought of this!!
    HTC One Support - WiFi | HTC United States

Connecting to a Wi-Fi network via WPS
    If you're using a Wi-Fi router with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), you can connect HTC One easily.
    Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap (SETTINGS).
    Tap the Wi-Fi On/Off switch to turn Wi-Fi on.
    Tap Wi-Fi.
    Tap (THREE VERTICAL DOTS)> WPS Push, and then press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
    Note: To use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN method, tap (THREE VERTICAL DOTS) > WPS Pin Entry.

Hope this helped someone; I've tried re-booting, re-naming my phone, etc. This finally worked for me. Good luck all!
    03-25-2014 05:23 PM
    Help! I noticed my phone not connecting to wifi, other devices like ipad laptop doesn't have any issue. My phone can detect the wifi in the house, but when i tried to connect to the wifi it will show "connecting..."but i won't connect. I'm wondering if it is the same with the update 4.3,.

Plssss help.

Thank!
    03-27-2014 06:51 AM
    Thank you so much Muerteh & Hanana...... Renaming device worked like a magic......
    04-01-2014 09:50 AM
    I really hope someone can help me.

Just got an HTC One M7 today. It has 4.3 installed.

I have tried every single thing here mentioned, but nothing has worked. I can't get my router to show up in devices. This phone won't detect it.

I tried plugging in another router I have, just to see if it could detect that, and it did, but the signal was weak, even with the router sitting right next to me.

I've tried turning off encryption, changing channels, changing frequencies, WPS pin, name to HTC One, power down/volume/power cycle (wipe cache). I even tried sharing my internet connection from my laptop. Absolutely nothing is working. Is the wifi in my phone faulty or is there still some kind of magical fix I can try?

I don't understand why they limit updating the OS to wifi only. Seems really stupid IMO.
    04-02-2014 10:56 PM
    Alright, so i was too desperate to wait around for someone else to post the fix, so i went and found it myself instead

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

Here are the instructions:

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

I first tried naming it something else, and it didn't work, but "HTC One" does :-)
    Muerteh, I just wanted you to know.... I signed up for this forum just so I could personally thank you for that helpful and super-easy fix!!! You're the bomb and I hope God blesses you throughout your life. Keep up the good work.
    04-02-2014 11:50 PM
    I followed your advice and changed the setting to 2.HGz, and then tried the wifi, worked perfectly. Then switched back to auto and all fine.

thank you
    04-06-2014 07:59 AM
    This one worked
    04-10-2014 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muerteh View Post

Alright, so i was too desperate to wait around for someone else to post the fix, so i went and found it myself instead

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

Here are the instructions:

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

I first tried naming it something else, and it didn't work, but "HTC One" does :-)

Thank you thank you thank you. I have just upgraded to Android 4.4.2 and was caught with all the same issues mentioned elsewhere here. The advice above immediately solved this. Fantastic, thank you so much.
    04-11-2014 10:57 AM
    Wooooow
    That's great
    I do it and my wifi comeback. Thanks alot
    04-18-2014 06:59 PM
87 1234