HTC One - Wifi problem connecting?

caroemond10

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue.. It is really starting to frustrate me because when the Wifi doesn't connect and I don't notice it I bust my damn data usage and have to pay extra fees for it. Liked my HTC before I updated it, now it's just full of problems and my battery life is terrible.

ElloOu

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Was having the same issue for a few weeks now. Decided to hit up the HTC web page and send an email to tech support, but, I came across this gem instead. Silly me, should have thought of this!!
HTC One Support - WiFi | HTC United States

Connecting to a Wi-Fi network via WPS
If you're using a Wi-Fi router with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), you can connect HTC One easily.
Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap (SETTINGS).
Tap the Wi-Fi On/Off switch to turn Wi-Fi on.
Tap Wi-Fi.
Tap (THREE VERTICAL DOTS)> WPS Push, and then press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
Note: To use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN method, tap (THREE VERTICAL DOTS) > WPS Pin Entry.

Hope this helped someone; I've tried re-booting, re-naming my phone, etc. This finally worked for me. Good luck all! :D

Kevin Arciga

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Help! I noticed my phone not connecting to wifi, other devices like ipad laptop doesn't have any issue. My phone can detect the wifi in the house, but when i tried to connect to the wifi it will show "connecting..."but i won't connect. I'm wondering if it is the same with the update 4.3,.

Plssss help.

Thank!

kloan

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I really hope someone can help me.

Just got an HTC One M7 today. It has 4.3 installed.

I have tried every single thing here mentioned, but nothing has worked. I can't get my router to show up in devices. This phone won't detect it.

I tried plugging in another router I have, just to see if it could detect that, and it did, but the signal was weak, even with the router sitting right next to me.

I've tried turning off encryption, changing channels, changing frequencies, WPS pin, name to HTC One, power down/volume/power cycle (wipe cache). I even tried sharing my internet connection from my laptop. Absolutely nothing is working. Is the wifi in my phone faulty or is there still some kind of magical fix I can try?

I don't understand why they limit updating the OS to wifi only. Seems really stupid IMO.

Cambo Slice

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so i was too desperate to wait around for someone else to post the fix, so i went and found it myself instead ;)

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

Here are the instructions:

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

I first tried naming it something else, and it didn't work, but "HTC One" does :)

Muerteh, I just wanted you to know.... I signed up for this forum just so I could personally thank you for that helpful and super-easy fix!!! You're the bomb and I hope God blesses you throughout your life. Keep up the good work.

bizzo7

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I followed your advice and changed the setting to 2.HGz, and then tried the wifi, worked perfectly. Then switched back to auto and all fine.

thank you

kalsaint

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by muerteh View Post

Alright, so i was too desperate to wait around for someone else to post the fix, so i went and found it myself instead

Apparently the Android 4.4.2 can only deal with a HTC One having the device name "HTC One", so you need to rename it.

Here are the instructions:

WiFi - then 3 dots (upper right corner) - WiFi Direct - 3 dots (upper right corner) - Rename Device: HTC One.

I first tried naming it something else, and it didn't work, but "HTC One" does :)

Thank you thank you thank you. I have just upgraded to Android 4.4.2 and was caught with all the same issues mentioned elsewhere here. The advice above immediately solved this. Fantastic, thank you so much.

VlexyrSherai

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have an HTC One and my wifi isnt working at all... It cant even turn on (this happened after the lastest update). I renamed my device (through computer) and it didnt work... Im lost at what to do.

Ahmed Soliman 14

May 25, 2014
Visit site
To all those who renaming the device did not fix the problem, here is the solution that worked for me.. i hope it works for all of you.
Go to the router settings using your laptop for example, then go to the wireless security setting and change it from WPA - Personal to WPA2 -Personal... that fixed it in a second for me and I'm wifi connected.. It took me a week to figure it out and I tried everything in this thread. I just registered to share this solution.. go ahead try and best of luck..

Michael3450

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
What fixed my HTC One was changing the encryption method of my wireless router for WPA-PSK from AES to TPIK.

For those who still face the problem after renaming device, doing the whole power, volume thing or any other solution on this page, this solution might work for you. It was the last thing I tried out of all the suggestions in here and other forums, and it worked on my HTX one S

EDIT: NOT WORKING, still need help connecting

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
my wifi still ok with my home modem but it stop-go with the modem at work. they re-started their modem but nothing to do ... my HTC One refused to connect. - my phone tell me I have the wrong password but it was always the same for the last few years... Android we waiting your corrections fast please...

oofnet

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
dxb114, I just got a new ATT version HTC one but running Tmobile, and I am having exactly the same issue - data wont sync and i cant get email or apps from play store. Did you ever solve this? please share what you find. thx!

oofnet

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My T-Mobile HTC One connects to wifi but doesn't sync data. For example, I turn wifi off and I immediately get emails and other alerts. I switched to 2.4Hgz only and still the same issue. So for now I was forced to upgrade my data plan since I can't do anything via wifi. Google and YouTube services are extremely slow and downloading anything in Play doesn't work unless on mobile network. Is this a known issue?
dxb114 , I am encountering the same issue. how did you resolve this?

masterjedia

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've got a worse problem with my M8... it looks like a DOS attack on my wifi router and brings the entire network down in the house.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

It also sometimes hits the DHCP server every 90 or so seconds.

barney256

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Ok, so I have the HTC one from around November 2013. Have netgear D6200. Has worked absolutely fine since I got the phone. Today encountered problem.

When my phone and macbook pro are connected to the router at the same time, as they always have been, they now seem to cause an issue with each other. I have two bands, but when I connect my HTC one to the router, I can't access the web on my mac properly. I get a resolving host message and my internet crawls to a stop on phone and mac. I feel that it may be a security/WPA issue, but I have tried the various options.

As soon as I disconnect phone, mac is happy again. I have tried the techniques on here and I am still in the same boat.

Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12