4.3 Update WARNING........

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi every one is saying that there 4.3 update is a nightmare list below.......

WiFi issue
Notification bar
Beats audio not working
Calling answer cuts off
ETC....

SHOULD WE UPDATE BECAUSE I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO UPDATE....

Shoul

Posted via Android Central App

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I use 4.3 on a custom ROM and don't have any issues with anything that comes to mind.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Stock unbranded US HTC One and I've only noticed my WiFi doesn't want to stay connected at home, otherwise everything else is working fantastic.

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Running stock, I have very pleased. The only glitch is it telling me every 5 seconds that there are WiFi networks available even though I have the option to notify me about that turned off. But that's a very minor annoyance that I'm sure will be handled in a bugfix update.

With every new phone or update released, there are always people who get glitches. Something doesn't install right or they have an app that is surreptitiously interfering in some way with the update, or any of another hundred problems. I would argue that any new phone or update entails a certain amount of very very small risk. If you are completely risk averse, have your phone running flawlessly and don't want to risk a problem, then avoid the update. But the odds of it causing a problem are actually pretty low.

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I've been running 4.3 for a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to wish I didn't update. My battery life is worse, didn't fix the "purple tint" with the camera and overall my phone runs slower! I should have kept 4.1.2

audio6996

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had concerns but i had no problems after updating. I think it makes a great phone even better. I do understand that we have members who have had issues since updating to 4.3 and i cant figure out why some have had bad experiences since updating and others have no issues.I was advised to shut the power saver before updating but i am not certain that is why i had a smooth transition to 4.3 I am on AT&T.

Last edited:

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Stock Sprint.... Only issue I have is the Contact Pics missing sometimes in messaging.... It shows up eventually or double tapping home and clearing it out of recent apps fixes it right away...

Other than that, no issues with the update

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi every one is saying that there 4.3 update is a nightmare list below.......

WiFi issue
Notification bar
Beats audio not working
Calling answer cuts off
ETC....

SHOULD WE UPDATE BECAUSE I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO UPDATE....

Shoul

Which carrier do you have? It may be your carriers update that has the issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually had the WiFi issue. It fixed itself after a lil while but it was annoying for a little.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OP Thats a pretty generic statement.
4.3 can be on GPe units, or carrier branded units.
Im running the 4.3GPe and im verry happy with it.
Looking forward to the T-Mo 4.3, if it works well then a week or so after its release i might go to that one since im on TMO..

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Stock sprint on 4.3... Notice WiFi issues because I use the Vonage app quite a bit for phone calls and they drop out over my houses WiFi pretty consistently.

Battery life is considerably worse.

Planning to hard reset my phone when I figure out if there is such a thing as a back up app.

Hoping the reset will fix things.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

zorrowaz

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys all of you have been excellent help I THINK I will leave it, if it comes on my HTC one I'm on orange and I'm in uk maybe wait till they update the 4.3 or might just get a bite of the kikat if I wait a bit what happened to cream lime pie lolzzz......

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam