HTC One and Pandora issues

beaglebaby

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got this phone, I have been having Pandora issues. Typically hit the pavement for about 4 miles every morning. Never had issues with my old phone and am on the same carrier, so do not think it is a carrier issue. Also used son and daughter's phone on same carrier without issues. Constantly having to stop and baby Pandora along to get it to keep playing is killing my workout. Sometimes just waking up the phone gets the song to continue, sometimes clearing an ad will work, but usually I have to FF through a couple of songs, as it will show a song is up and playing, but nothing is happening. Sometimes the whole thing just locks up and I have to restart the phone. This morning, had left my daughter a note when I went out and she texted me back. When the text came, Pandora stopped in the middle of the song and would not play again. Rebooted the phone twice and finally got a partial song before it stopped again. Have yet to get through a single normal workout routine with Pandora running properly.

Searched the internet and have seen multiple, multiple posts regarding the One and Pandora and internet connectivity issues in general, which I also have problems with. So far have found these suggestions and have tried:
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled Pandora, both before and after the update.
2. Played with settings on Snapdragon battery app to keep app awake when phone sleeps, etc. Eventually uninstalled battery saver app and noticed a big improvement, but not a fix.
3. Cleared cache on Pandora.
4. Noticed sometimes when Pandora stops, the phone was asking if I wanted to connect some wifi in the area it must be picking up on, so now turn off wifi before leaving the house.

Saw someone on another forum suggest a fix for the Pandora and internet connectivity issues. This involves putting 3 layers of Scotch tape on the chip, carefully trimming the excess and putting the chip back in. Multiple replies said this worked for them, but don't see how that could help, but am willing to try just about anything at this point. Thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Putting tape on the chip of a phone for music streaming? Not worth it. I'd email Pandora support and ask them what they are doing to fix it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

beaglebaby

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Will try that, but it definitely seems to be more of an HTC One issue. Have taken out two other phones from household, Samsung GS3 and HTC Evo 4G, all on same carrier, without issues. I touched briefly on the fact that I also seem to have internet connectivity issues. Yesterday was in a store looking at an item and went to pull up a review site to see what the comments were. Had almost full bars, but could not connect. Double tapped on the home button, found an open internet page and was able to navigate that page just fine. Went back to Google, put in search info, could not connect. Went back to the prior working internet page and finally got to where I needed. In the meantime, daughter used her GS3 to connect just fine, so not the store or connection in general. This happens all the time with my One and cannot find a way to resolve this. I think the Pandora issues is also connected to this problem, but no setting change or other fix I have tried helps???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca