HTC Void Warranty

53Dude

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to root my HTC One (AT&T) but I don't want to install a new rom, so if I don't change the rom will the warranty still be in effect or will I void it by rooting?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to root my HTC One (AT&T) but I don't want to install a new rom, so if I don't change the rom will the warranty still be in effect or will I void it by rooting?
I don't think rooting it alone voids the warranty, just installing the custom ROM

LeFreemason

Oct 18, 2013
plus.google.com

Before you can do anything to your HTC One, you'll have to unlock bootloader via the HTC dev website. When you try to unlock your phone it states that this will void your warranty. So to answer your question unlocking, rooting and installing custom rom, voids your warranty. This doesn't say it really does void it, because I have seen a lot of people returning their modified devices for repairs and HTC did not care about their software modifications. So it's up to you to choose. If they want to reject your HTC One, they will have the right to when you have rooted your phone (if they follow the rules strictly!)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks