Battery having issues

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well im pretty sure there has been reports, but I keep reading and cant find a solution, my battery keeps draining at an alarmng rate after 4.3, and I did a hard reset already, it went 3% down in a video of 3 mins, and literally watching my screen alone another percent, is there a way to fix this that I am not aware?

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you doing anything battery consuming? Mutitasking? Screen? Try ending all of your applications, and then restarting your phone. If not, It looks like you might have a faulty battery. If it's still acting up, try taking it to Samsung. Nothing wrong with that! ;)

BTW, What is your phone? Just so I know...

Sorry! this is my first post on the forum. Hope I helped!

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well im pretty sure there has been reports, but I keep reading and cant find a solution, my battery keeps draining at an alarmng rate after 4.3, and I did a hard reset already, it went 3% down in a video of 3 mins, and literally watching my screen alone another percent, is there a way to fix this that I am not aware?

Just a somewhat common issue with the 4.3 update. Nothing has helped me yet. Even did a factory reset, and that didn't help.

The best thing you can do is contact your carrier AND contact HTC to let them know. The more people they hear from, the more serious they will take this issue (if they aren't already).

Posted via Android Central App

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm running Andriod 4.3 on the Sprint Htc One and I'm experiencing the same issue. Starting to wish I didn't update my battery life is now horrible too!

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Andriod 4.3 on the Sprint Htc One and I'm experiencing the same issue. Starting to wish I didn't update my battery life is now horrible too!

There was a Google maps update a few days ago and that helped my battery issue after the 4.3 install.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you doing anything battery consuming? Mutitasking? Screen? Try ending all of your applications, and then restarting your phone. If not, It looks like you might have a faulty battery. If it's still acting up, try taking it to Samsung. Nothing wrong with that! ;)

BTW, What is your phone? Just so I know...

Sorry! this is my first post on the forum. Hope I helped!

the phone is the HTC One and simply nothing is running just youtube, still doesnt explain why is draining so fast, something has to be the culprit and I got the dev edition.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Since you have done a hard reset and that didnt help try to find the RUU for the unit and install that way.
Then install apps slowly.. Say 10 a day..

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Since you have done a hard reset and that didnt help try to find the RUU for the unit and install that way.
Then install apps slowly.. Say 10 a day..
tried this but RUU keeps getting me an error and yes I picked WWE 4.3 RUU from HTC DEV and actually prompts from 3.22.1540.1 to 3.22.1540.1, but still keep getting the error and nothing gets fixed, any ideas?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Check your google sync under accounts. Google has everything under the sun including worm p00p enabled. Unsync everything you don't need such as Google play books, play magazines, and the like. Also, if you signed into G+ and/or Facebook, sign out until you need it again. They poll the sites for updates to feeds constantly eating away at your battery when you're using it. It help my batt life by about 30%.

Example: In a 12 hour day, I would drain to 15% with slight use. After what I just said, in a 12 hour day, I would be at 40% when I get home with moderate use.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Check your google sync under accounts. Google has everything under the sun including worm p00p enabled. Unsync everything you don't need such as Google play books, play magazines, and the like. Also, if you signed into G+ and/or Facebook, sign out until you need it again. They poll the sites for updates to feeds constantly eating away at your battery when you're using it. It help my batt life by about 30%.

Example: In a 12 hour day, I would drain to 15% with slight use. After what I just said, in a 12 hour day, I would be at 40% when I get home with moderate use.

I never with any android phone had to turn off google sync, I use google services, is just annoying that this phone cannot keep up the battery, in fact kind of pointless to have a smartphone that you have to turn off features to last you through the day, so this is not a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12