Phone battery suddenly drains very fast

ttsinloong

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys please help if can :( I have already been using my phone for few months already and I don't play games or listen to music much with it and also I doesn't on my 3G often as well. So usually everyday I'll charge my phone when I'm in my room or when I got back to my room and then until night time when I sleep it'll be fully charged, then i unplug it and goes to sleep. The next day i Check the phone it still has 80~90% of battery left, but last 2 days until now, my battery suddenly drains very fast, like yesterday my battery life suddenly became 4x% when I woke up, and I did the same thing the day before! fully charged then unplug it before sleep. Today the same thing happened! :( these 2 days I've only installed 1 app which is whatsapp+ so I thought that's the problem, so I uninstalled it and then install back the original whatsapp but still the battery drains very fast! :( I've also updated all the app in my phone through play store during these 2 days :( I didn't change anything and wifi and all other battery draining app is closed before I go to sleep. So was wondering what just happens to my phone?? :(((

LeFreemason

Oct 18, 2013
plus.google.com
Guys please help if can :( I have already been using my phone for few months already and I don't play games or listen to music much with it and also I doesn't on my 3G often as well. So usually everyday I'll charge my phone when I'm in my room or when I got back to my room and then until night time when I sleep it'll be fully charged, then i unplug it and goes to sleep. The next day i Check the phone it still has 80~90% of battery left, but last 2 days until now, my battery suddenly drains very fast, like yesterday my battery life suddenly became 4x% when I woke up, and I did the same thing the day before! fully charged then unplug it before sleep. Today the same thing happened! :( these 2 days I've only installed 1 app which is whatsapp+ so I thought that's the problem, so I uninstalled it and then install back the original whatsapp but still the battery drains very fast! :( I've also updated all the app in my phone through play store during these 2 days :( I didn't change anything and wifi and all other battery draining app is closed before I go to sleep. So was wondering what just happens to my phone?? :(((

Check your battery usage in settings and report back to me.

Could be your screen turning on at night, that way your battery drains really fast. Most of the users that experience this have a app that wakes the phone. Download wakelock detector on playstore and after a while check which app wakes your phone more than normal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

ttsinloong

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Check your battery usage in settings and report back to me.

Could be your screen turning on at night, that way your battery drains really fast. Most of the users that experience this have a app that wakes the phone. Download wakelock detector on playstore and after a while check which app wakes your phone more than normal.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

I checked the usage part and there's only android system and phone idle :((

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
One thing that I have noticed is that the first 5% drain in like and hour then after its like 1% per hour or so unless its being used. Still testing mine but I have also seen this in other HTC phones that I have owned. I will report back my findings in a few days after I test it some more.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Theres also nothing wrong with leaving your phone plugged in over night while you sleep. I do this all the time with my devices.

If your running a stock rom with sense make sure you have disabled fastboot. How often do you reboot your phone?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Theres also nothing wrong with leaving your phone plugged in over night while you sleep. I do this all the time with my devices.

If your running a stock rom with sense make sure you have disabled fastboot. How often do you reboot your phone?

Fastboot make you use more battery? I never have turned it off to be honest. How much longer does it take to boot up? Just wondering how this works. I have been happy with my HTC One Thus far.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Fastboot doesnt use more battery its self. Its an option that when enabled is more like a windows computer hibernating when you turn it off.
But if you have an app that is acting buggy or needs to be restarted fastboot doesnt do that. I personally have never been a big fan of it. I always make sure its disabled.

Often times rebooting a phone can fix problems. In the old blackberry days the number 1 fix to issues was a simple battery pull. :)
If im having an issue with my device the first thing i will do is power it off for a few minutes then back on and let it boot up fully. Then see if the problem persists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781