HTC one as PC

Jay Bedingfield

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is some where else but I am excited about the idea of using the HTC one as a "pc". Now, hear me out, this isn't crazy. It's a bad *** phone and it's got HDMI out as well as ability to read USB storage. I'd like to get advice from some one who's tried this so I know what adaptors to get that will pass-through the signal. Are there any mini-USB port replicators? I searched google and didn't find anything.

Ideally I could use an off the shelf charging dock and go to a USB hub or some how daisy chain it all together?

Does anyone know, can the phone read USB and output HDMI at the same time? Can I pair a bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the same time?

If no one knows or cares to reply then I will just start buying stuff and return what doesn't work, take pictures and let you guys know how it goes.

I mean, why shouldn't my quad-core 2GB RAM phone be my new computer? Sure helps justify the $650 I just dropped for this thing!

michaelyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a mouse working at all, is there software to even support a mouse on the Android OS? Try it, but I don't see it working well.

ohlad

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this is some where else but I am excited about the idea of using the HTC one as a "pc". Now, hear me out, this isn't crazy. It's a bad *** phone and it's got HDMI out as well as ability to read USB storage. I'd like to get advice from some one who's tried this so I know what adaptors to get that will pass-through the signal. Are there any mini-USB port replicators? I searched google and didn't find anything.

Ideally I could use an off the shelf charging dock and go to a USB hub or some how daisy chain it all together?

Does anyone know, can the phone read USB and output HDMI at the same time? Can I pair a bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the same time?

If no one knows or cares to reply then I will just start buying stuff and return what doesn't work, take pictures and let you guys know how it goes.

I mean, why shouldn't my quad-core 2GB RAM phone be my new computer? Sure helps justify the $650 I just dropped for this thing!

check this out
you just need to have a TV that supports miracast/wifi direct to stream desktop to a bigger screen :)

Jay Bedingfield

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I think to mirror the phone you need a smart TV that supports that feature. I was just going to use the MHL HDMI, but I also want to charge and use OTG at the same time.