Sorry if this is some where else but I am excited about the idea of using the HTC one as a "pc". Now, hear me out, this isn't crazy. It's a bad *** phone and it's got HDMI out as well as ability to read USB storage. I'd like to get advice from some one who's tried this so I know what adaptors to get that will pass-through the signal. Are there any mini-USB port replicators? I searched google and didn't find anything.

Ideally I could use an off the shelf charging dock and go to a USB hub or some how daisy chain it all together?

Does anyone know, can the phone read USB and output HDMI at the same time? Can I pair a bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the same time?

If no one knows or cares to reply then I will just start buying stuff and return what doesn't work, take pictures and let you guys know how it goes.

I mean, why shouldn't my quad-core 2GB RAM phone be my new computer? Sure helps justify the $650 I just dropped for this thing!
    10-20-2013 02:36 PM
    mirror the phone wirelessly, then you can use the port's on the phone?
    10-21-2013 12:25 AM
    I don't see a mouse working at all, is there software to even support a mouse on the Android OS? Try it, but I don't see it working well.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    10-21-2013 04:39 AM
    Sorry if this is some where else but I am excited about the idea of using the HTC one as a "pc". Now, hear me out, this isn't crazy. It's a bad *** phone and it's got HDMI out as well as ability to read USB storage. I'd like to get advice from some one who's tried this so I know what adaptors to get that will pass-through the signal. Are there any mini-USB port replicators? I searched google and didn't find anything.

Ideally I could use an off the shelf charging dock and go to a USB hub or some how daisy chain it all together?

Does anyone know, can the phone read USB and output HDMI at the same time? Can I pair a bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the same time?

If no one knows or cares to reply then I will just start buying stuff and return what doesn't work, take pictures and let you guys know how it goes.

I mean, why shouldn't my quad-core 2GB RAM phone be my new computer? Sure helps justify the $650 I just dropped for this thing!
    check this out

you just need to have a TV that supports miracast/wifi direct to stream desktop to a bigger screen
    Adamsberg likes this.
    10-22-2013 01:46 AM
    you just need to have a TV that supports miracast/wifi direct to stream desktop to a bigger screen
    If the TV hasn't embedded this then a wireless 'HTC Media Link HD' should mirror the phone's screen.
    10-22-2013 03:00 AM
    If the TV hasn't embedded this then a wireless 'HTC Media Link HD' should mirror the phone's screen.
    yes I totally forgot about the media link lol
    10-22-2013 09:42 AM
    Maybe I wasn't clear about what I want. I've done more research and it looks like they have the exact thing I had in mind, but for other phones :-/

Amazon.com: Better Tech Smart Dock MHL Hdmi OTG Docking Station Charger Cradle for Samsung Galaxy S4 Galaxy NoteII Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Nothing like this for the HTC one?
    10-22-2013 02:46 PM
    I think to mirror the phone you need a smart TV that supports that feature. I was just going to use the MHL HDMI, but I also want to charge and use OTG at the same time.
    10-22-2013 02:50 PM
    No need for a smart TV, a wireless HTC Media Link HD does it
    http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/uk/....aspx?i=229872
    10-22-2013 03:07 PM